Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
###### 7/6/05
###### UPDATE, ALL SOLD
###### Thanks to everyone who bought and inquired
######

Hi all,

I have three full size spares available. Yup, it'll fit and pictures posted below. If you're interested PM me. If you're in the SF bay area you can save yourself shipping carges. I'm looking for $150 per wheel/tire. All are in good condition and were purchased from a local wheel dealer who got them from a customer who upsized to 22s but didn't want the originals. His loss our gain. I'm just looking to recoop my costs here and I think it's pretty fair when compared to other sources. I'll try to check my messages over the weekend but will for sure get back to you by Monday. Again, pm me if you're interested or have questions.

Why keep that little temp doughnut wheel that says don't go over 50mph. Keep a real tire in that trunk. No, the tpms valve stem was removed but a nice looking chrome stem is in it's place. Compre the three you see here with that the pics of that little doughnut you have now.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's what your full size spare will look like in the trunk. Pulling a trailer or carrying a load, no need to worry about have a small tire in an emergency.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Do you know what one of them weighs?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, just weighed one on the digital bathroom scale at it reads 63 lbs. If your interested in shipping, take the weight and see what a shipper will charge you from zip 95125, San Jose CA to your location. I'll see what I can do on Monday, I'll call the local tire shop and see if I can leverage his shipping costs and I have a few other contacts who do a lot of shipping. Together I'm sure we can work something out.

Just did a quick search on the Fedex web site for ground shipments. Looks like you can expect anywhere from $15 to $40 for shipping. If you find cheaper shipping I'm open to any alternatives.

From the Fedex.com site, click on delivery options on the left, then click on fedex ground on the right, then click on rates on the right. This will get you to the basic rate chart. You can click on 'Get Zone Chart' and use 95125 to figure out the approximate cost to your zip code.

Here's the basic rates.
63lbs $11.37 $14.25 $16.62 $20.36 $25.50 $30.76 $36.77

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey, Tux;

I work near SJ airport and am interested in one of your spares. We are also planning a SF area meet at the end of the summer if you have the tires by then.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sharp deal

Hey, they look like the ones I saw go on ebay for $305 for the set of 4 in San Jose...not a bad deal if you can sell them each for $150...good idea. :D

Click Here

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Tux,
I might be interested in one of your spares.. Could you please check to see what shipping would be to my work in Woodland Hills, CA

Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
Since the TPMS was removed... have the rims been balanced? (can you balance a rim designed for TPMS that doesn't have it?

Just curious.

Anyways the TPMS sender is pretty cheap to buy and install in a rim if you need to.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not to change the subject or anything, but my question is does the TPMS sensor fit into a standard valve stem hole ? I am DYING to purchase new wheels, but was a little hesitant because I was not sure if the RL's wheels had larger valve stem holes. Any info would be appreciated, thanks..........
Tux said:
Ok, just weighed one on the digital bathroom scale at it reads 63 lbs. If your interested in shipping, take the weight and see what a shipper will charge you from zip 95125, San Jose CA to your location. I'll see what I can do on Monday, I'll call the local tire shop and see if I can leverage his shipping costs and I have a few other contacts who do a lot of shipping. Together I'm sure we can work something out.

Just did a quick search on the Fedex web site for ground shipments. Looks like you can expect anywhere from $15 to $40 for shipping. If you find cheaper shipping I'm open to any alternatives.

From the Fedex.com site, click on delivery options on the left, then click on fedex ground on the right, then click on rates on the right. This will get you to the basic rate chart. You can click on 'Get Zone Chart' and use 95125 to figure out the approximate cost to your zip code.

Here's the basic rates.
63lbs $11.37 $14.25 $16.62 $20.36 $25.50 $30.76 $36.77

·
Registered
635 Posts
Picked up one of Tux's wheels last night. Now that I have a full size spare, I know I will never need it.

$150 for the assembly seems like a bargin to me H and A sell the wheel for $125 which is a good deal in itself, the tire must be worth $100 and then you need to pay to have it mounted. Shipping is the biggest headache unless you live in the San Jose area as I do, picked it up on the way home from work

I don't care if Tux bought them on Ebay for $300, I missed that listing, and he has had to schlep the wheels around, post them on the board and deal with us nose picking buyers.

Thanks Tux

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Y'all (I don't really talk like that),
I need a full size spare for my 2006 RTS. So I'm looking for the alloy wheel (preferably not chromed) and the Michelin LTX 245-65R-17 tire already mounted and in nearly new condition. It would be great if it also had the valve stem and TPS installed. Can anybody help? If so, send me an e-mail to [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts