Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I've been stalking the board for a while now since I've been looking to buy a ridgeline. I've run across one on Craigslist that seems like it may be a deal but would like some input from those that have been around them more than I.

http://shoals.craigslist.org/cto/5173415179.html

It's only an hour away so I figured it would be worth my time to at least go and look at it, so I'm going at 1 today to see it.

He told me he bought it a few months ago from a dealership in Atlanta. They told him it was a 1 owner vehicle. He has just put tires on it a few weeks ago and had the windows tinted.

I'm a little leary of the miles. Other than checking out the trans cooler fittings and rear seat legs, what are some things I should look for?

Thanks for any input!

Fred

·
Registered
268 Posts
With that many miles I would want to know the maintenance history. Carfax may give you some of that history if the vehicle was serviced by a carfax reporting shop. You will get more knowledgable comments on here as folks wake up this morning.

Are you sure this is an RT model? The pictures show use of buttons that I do not have on my RTX. Looks like it has dual climate and do not believe this was on an RT in 2006.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Maybe not professional, but an opinion...kbb is around 6k. Is there a ridgeline premium, probably but 2k? Dont know thats your call. Some dents noticed, i would not have an issue if all checks out and offer maybe 7 max.
Carfax ok
No rust
Everything works every accessory, windows
Ac cold
Engine bay looks ok fluids appear ok
Test drive ok, vtm check?
No dash check engine light
Timing belt done when? Thats a grand at least
You will change all fluids when u get it mabe plugs..diy 260
Rear seat legs cheap fix but negotiating tool
You probably have no way to check fittings on rad. Cost diy rad maybe 250?

Run if
Signs of repaint, collision
Carfax issues
No records..?

Just an opinion

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,602 Posts
My 08 has just over 199,000 and the water pump started to "make noises". I decided to do the whole timing belt, tensioner, water pump, seals, coolant and spark plugs. This is the second time around for my ridge. Did it initially at 105,000.

I'd be checking up and going through that routine again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured at the least it's going to need a timing belt and I don't have a problem tackling that myself. It's the bigger stuff I am a bit more concerned about. I figured if the dreaded cylinder 4 was going to drop it would have done it by now. I guess drive train is my biggest fear.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Bet it was bought cheap with quick flip in mind after cleaning it up. Prior seller didn't want to drop $1k on TB plus more for tires etc.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Bet it was bought cheap with quick flip in mind after cleaning it up. Prior seller didn't want to drop $1k on TB plus more for tires etc.
I would be concerned about anything advertised on Craigslist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the scoop.

He may have bought it in atlanta, but that's not where it spent the majority of its life. It had a couple of rust spots coming through the paint on the hood. All the heat shields on the exhaust were held in place with worm gear clamps. And the underbody and rear subframe had rust that was starting to creep past the surface rust point. Brake pads had plenty of meat on them but rotors were rust pitted, so it had been pad slapped at one point or another.

Rear seats need work as expected. And it had some other minor age expected wear.

If it had about 50k fewer miles I wouldn't mind fixing all the little stuff because everything seemed to work on it and it drove well. Don't know if I can swing it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts