Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
It's a nice looking design, but not for me. I've been Gen 1 guy since 2007 and have never found THE wheel. I think 5 spokes reflect the ruggedness of the truck. Ultimately though, it's what appeals to you. If you like them, that is what counts.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I just can’t decide .....
IME that's a good indicator that they aren't for you ..... my suggestion is to keep looking, you'll know without question when you find the wheels that really 'do it' for you (you're getting them for yourself, not anyone else, right?).

Reactions: tmz and MaryAnne

·
Registered
14 Posts
Big thumbs up from me. I had a simular wheel on my last truck, but it was grey instead of black.
I dont like the completely blacked out look that I see a lot now, but I do like the black with the chrome, will look great on a silver truck.
Bottom line, if you like them that is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My thinking, from experience on owning black wheels with a bunch of spokes is........I'll never buy another set of black wheels. They shine and look great when new. When they quickly get dirty, no carwash out there will even come close to getting them clean.

You gotta wash 'em by hand using a paint brush to get into all the nooks/crannies to get 'em looking like new clean. If you don't dry 'em by hand, each one of those many black spokes still looks dirty.....everybody knows what water spots on black paint looks like.

Just my $0.02 from practicality experience owning black, mega spoke, wheels. Never again. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: tmz

·
Registered
2014 Ridgeline RtL - white - grey leather - 70k
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would vote no. The original aluminum alloy wheels look the best.
I have come to the same conclusion-keeping it original- in ten years this will be a classic

·
Registered
39 Posts
Big thumbs up from me. I had a simular wheel on my last truck, but it was grey instead of black.
I dont like the completely blacked out look that I see a lot now, but I do like the black with the chrome, will look great on a silver truck.
Bottom line, if you like them that is all that matters.
Have any pics?

Sent from my T790Z using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Ridgeline RtL - white - grey leather - 70k
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IME that's a good indicator that they aren't for you ..... my suggestion is to keep looking, you'll know without question when you find the wheels that really 'do it' for you (you're getting them for yourself, not anyone else, right?).
Yes they are for my brand new (2014) white Ridgeline-

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Dayum! Those factory wheels look awesome......wish I had 'em on our '17 Rigi. I still think a factory 5 bolt wheel with 6 spokes (like the '17) is a designer duh.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I also vote no. I just don't care for black with a silver lip. Just doesn't look right to me. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts