Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals). I need some advice about the best way to remedy a problem with my seat belts. Both belts, but mostly the passenger side, are seriously twisted and I can't figure out the best way to fix this. It is really aggravating and after riding in the passenger seat for time this weekend, I have got to do something.

I have tried to untwist the belts but the plastic guides are just too tight to allow this. I'm not even sure if I can somehow unbolt them safely or if that would even help. (I don't have a torque wrench and would be concerned about re installing). The driver side is a little bit twisted but the passenger belt is just ridiculous. I am surprised my wife hasn't already mentioned it.

Any way, if some of you have any wisdom to offer, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks...

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Well.... unbolting won't help the "twisted" issue, unless I'm misunderstanding the condition you've described.
What you need to do is to make a long, single fold in the web-strap..... just like a 90 degree fold, but open it up towards 180 degrees as much as you can while retaining the fold. NOW you should be able to start the plastic/metal latching plate down over this folded area.... it will only be folded (double thick) towards one side of the 'slot' at first.... and then just work it down until it gets over the whole fold. One twist down, ??? to go (how many twists to you have in it, and HOW did they get there in the first place)?
Be sure that you don't have twists buried on the rolled up store of strap inside the belt mechanism, but pulling the belt out as far as it will go.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
That is a good video. Seems I've done that before myself, but not after some needless frustration.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If this turns out to really be THAT simple, I will feel a bit stupid :act060:

Thanks for sharing. I will post my results ASAP. Gotta go fishing today!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One twist down, ??? to go (how many twists to you have in it, and HOW did they get there in the first place)?

Man, I really have NO idea how the passenger side belt got in the current condition. I bet there are four or five twists in the thing. Driver side is only one. Hoping the youtube fix works.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,860 Posts
My OCD won't permit me to drive/ride with twisted seatbelts. Even in a rental. I have to fix them. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Mine never fully retract because I use these:

My issues with twisting is not very frequent either. Just have to make sure they are not hanging over the door sill when leaving the truck.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,860 Posts
I haven't had any seat belt issues in our Hondas that I can recall. Well, not twisting anyway. I hate it when the kids get out and the metal buckle is hanging out the door jamb and they close the door on it. :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts