Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sort of got the headunit installed but I'm not pleased at all with how it turned out.

I'm using the original mounts for the radio and it works awesome, but the scosche dash trim piece was a pain in the butt to even get to fit. I had to dremel a good amount off just to get it to fit over.

So I ordered a metra dash kit and going to give the install another go.

So how did you install yours? It stinks this joying headunit isn't the standard size.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same head unit in my truck- you'll be very happy with it. I have a Metra dash kit and lined up the face of it the way I wanted, but the holes to the kit wouldn't line up... so I opened the head unit to make sure I wasn't going to cut into anything, and drilled my own holes.

There is another member on here (thread is under Android HU- or something like that). He actually dremeled out the sides of the kit, then had the front of the HU come through and used the radio frame to cover and dremel marks. That explanation did his work no justice... see if you can find the tread (shouldn't be hard, I just commented on it) as he has included pictures. Recommendation for Android HU

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts