Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All RL Owners,
I have an 07 RTL that I am trying to replace the sway bars and am having a very difficult time taking them off. I was finally able to use my saws all to cut the top linkage and tried to do same for the lower linkage. I have cut the bolt flash and took the rod out, but am still having a hard time getting the nut off. The nut spins and can't use the Allan as it is stripped.

Any ideas as to how may I be able to get it off? I can post a picture of what have later on.

Thanks in advance fr your assistance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, as have been said on this forum, taking the sway bars is not the easy thing. It fought me all the way. I ended up cutting the bolt flash then drill the rest of it out. Lesson learned. The other (passenger) side top part came out. I could put my electric torque wrench and used the 6 mm Allan. The bottom link, the bolt is facing inside with no way being able to get at it, had to saw it off. The best way to cut off the bolt would be, if you can get to loosen it about 1/4 of inch and then cut it off behind the flange nut, but sometimes that is not the case.

Anyway, it is all done. The new one took less than 10 minutes to put on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts