Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, First off this is my first post on this website and I have already found alot of great information from this website... now I need to see if I can get some help from anybody and everybody about a set of Rims and Tires...

Ok here goes...

The Truck: Honda Ridgeline 2006 RTL / White

The Tires I want = Nitto Dune Grappler
The size of the Tires = no smaller than 285/?not sure yet/20

The Rims I want = XD Series Rockstar / black / 20 inches (dont know if they fit)

My goal is to have a nice (but mean looking) matte black 20 inch rim with a tire that looks wicked. I also dont want the tire too tall and yet I am not looking for a low profile tire, I want some type of meat on the tire. And I want the tire wide.

I figured that I would come here to ask because with my occupation it is hard for me to get out and take care of this so I was looking to get all the info I needed here and order the wheels and put them on myself, on base. Any and all info will be helpful... got to go... thanks.

Semper FI

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello my fellow Marine. Here is what I came up with.

Just so we both understand, you WILL need the 2" spacer lift by Rancho, SkyJacker, or TRUXXX and you WILL need to trim some of the front OEM mud flaps and/or a two inch piece of metal behind the front mud flaps to get these to fit.

First, I went to my Tire Calculator and inserted my 265/70/17 and figured out that a 285/50/20 would be the tallest that can fit. Then I went to the Nitto Tire webpage and saw that the Dune Grapplers are made in a 285/50/20 so you're in luck. (I'm guessing you already knew that)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the XD Rockstar wheels in the 5x120 lug pattern.

My suggestion would be go to www.tirerack.com, www.4wheelparts.com, www.discounttiredirect.com or www.wheelfire.com and find the 20" wheel you like and order the wheels with the 285/50/20 Nittos and get a good price on a package deal.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had purchased some XDWheels for my Ridgeline at Discount Tire, they had to special make the wheels at 5x120 ( wheel blanks) ,

i did not want to deal with using spacers either so i returned them :( they sure did look nice installed but the wheel was hitting the brake caliper and i also need to grind the pinch weld for the tires i had chosen :confused:, i cant recall the tire type but its pretty much the like the ones you mentioned. You can also check this site out they make them as well

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tires-packages/KMC XD-Xd778-Black Flat.html

Hope this helps
US ARMY
101st Screaming Eagles

·
Registered
75 Posts
Were they hitting the brake caliper becuase they were 20's. I just got a set of rockstar wheels in 18x9 for my ridgeline and want to make sure these are going to fit. I was on the phone with the wheel company that sold them to me and I was expressing my concern on them fitting my truck and the manager of the company swore they would work....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need to replace my tired, but I'm not sure which I should get. I narrowed it down to the Michelin LT M/S, BFGoodrich T/A K0, & Goodyear Wrangler silent armor. Any suggestions or opinions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts