Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 RTL my leather seats have seen better days.
Im trying to figure out what my options are ive been looking at covers like clazzio and wet okole but they seem to only be for vhicles with cloth seating. Am I not udnerstanding this correctly and if so what are my options ?

Thank you very much!!

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,897 Posts
Not sure why they wouldn't work for your RTL. If it was me I'd use an RTS as it has power seats, but the manual lumbar hole will prob still exist? RTL has power lumbar IIRC.

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,659 Posts
I think what the OP is saying is that the seat covers are spec'd for cloth, not leather seats. If that be the case, I cannot imagine why you can't put a seat cover over a leather seat as long as there are provisions for the airbag.

· Registered
67 Posts
On that note the Clazzio's are only available for 09-up and not previous model years. Anyone know why that is? I wasn't able to get a response from Clazzio on it. I was looking to get Clazzios to replace my cloth.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,897 Posts

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Putting seat covers over leather results in squeaking!!!! I had to return my neoprene ones cause it was so annoying. Not sure if cloth seat covers would squeak though. But the foam they put on the neoprene ones squeak against leather. And they will slip around alot.

· Registered
26 Posts
Most OEM leather seats are constructed with covers. Couldn't a good upholstery shop remove the cover, replace the affected panel(s), and reinstall it? It would probably cost less than after market covers, which sell for > $500. I presume it's only the driver's seat.

· Premium Member
372 Posts
Most OEM leather seats are constructed with covers. Couldn't a good upholstery shop remove the cover, replace the affected panel(s), and reinstall it? It would probably cost less than after market covers, which sell for > $500. I presume it's only the driver's seat.
what he said

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point ill look into that too. Im currently on deployment and was thinking about getting a new truck when i got back. I decieded against that and want to change the ridge up a bit thinking the seats and painting the exterior I know it will cost some $$ but I dont mind since I plan on keeping this things till it cant go any more.

I called Clazzio and they said there is no Iusse installing the covers over the leather on the RIdge :). No I just need to decide what colors to go with. Thinking pearl white for the exterior...

· Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
343 Posts
I'd recommend you follow up on the Katskins, too. Find a dealer/installer in your area and at least get a quote. Katskins are replacement leather covers, NOT covers that just slip over your original covers. They're like having new leather seats, whether your originals were leather or cloth. Your seats would be removed from your truck, the old covers removed, the new ones installed and then the seats put back in the truck. It's a pretty big job, and not inexpensive, but it's quite a bit nicer than just having covers installed over your old seats. Going this way, too, you have the option to have your cushions bolstered or replaced if necessary.

· Registered
365 Posts
Re: Need help with seats please

I don't have leather in my RTX, but after 100k miles the drivers seat was getting bad. Took the seat out, replaced the foam and new cloth, bottom cushion only though. Parts were about $500 including $20 for hog pliers to attach the cover to the cushion. All OEM so brought it back to day 1 from the factory. I assume same for leather. I got my parts from Majestic Honda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.