Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for months, I finally picked up a set of these wheels from a former Ridgeline owner to use for dedicated winter wheels. They did not come with any lug nuts, TPMS or caps. Can someone help me confirm what I need to get these mounted onto my truck?

Lug nuts - After browsing the forums I think these are the OEM steel wheels from 2006-08 which would mean I need part # 90304-SHJ-A01. At $3 each, that's going to run me $60. Is there an aftermarket alternative that is cheaper or do I need to buy OEM?

TPMS - What is the cheapest TPMS I can get for the truck? I don't want the light on all winter.

Caps - What size caps do I need? I just want the cheapest ones I can find - the $15 ebay special is fine. Or can I swap the caps over from my RTL alloy wheels?

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
IIRC, I've seen a post where someone modified a RTS/RTL Cap to get a center cap in the RT Steel Wheels that you have.

Here is a link covering the Lug Nuts, and Locking Nuts The one you referenced is the correct OEM. I'd guess that Discount Tire, could possibly suggest other lug nuts which will work. I don't believe you can safely use the OEM Alloy Lug Nuts. TPMS Thread from Discount Tire

I think I'd post a WTB link in the Trading Post, and see if anyone who upgraded from steels has the center caps or lugnuts. Even if you couldn't get a complete set, it would be a start. Good Luck

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I found the Dorman 611-314 lug nuts are supposedly a direct factory replacement for the steel wheel lug nut part #90304-SHJ-A01. $52 for the Dorman vs $60 for OEM, but I got free shipping on Amazon so I went with the Dorman.

As for TPMS, since I've read that aftermarket sensors sometimes aren't recognized by the ECU, I decided to let the tire installer fit it for me. That way I am guaranteed it will work, otherwise I can get them to replace it again for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts