Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come spring I will be replacing F & R oem pads and rotors with all new drilled/ slotted rotors with ceramic pads and wanted input on what might be out there.

I have looked at EBC, Powerstop, and others but one mfg in particular that interest me is was at ocautosports.com.
http://www.ocautosports.com/ShowItem/100325 HONDA RIDGELINE Drilled Sloted Brake Rotors.aspx

I know that i should not skimp on brakes but reading what i could on line, i havent seen anything bad about them.

I am interested in your feed back --- thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,544 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,544 Posts
In case you don't already know, the oem pads are ceramic. Pretty hard to beat for durability and price.
Do you know if that's true for all Honda pads or just for the RL?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I bought cadmium plated drilled rotors from eBay, front and rear, for around $100. Installed EBC Yellow pads up front and EBC greens at the rear...best addition you can do for your truck...performance and great looks

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I haven't noticed any additional noise from my rotors at all. Ridgelines don't really need slotted rotors. Slotted brake rotors u*se slots carved into the flat metal surface to move gas, heat and water away from the surface of the rotors. The down side is the slots also wear the pads out quicker. Drilled rotors help the brakes cool down faster and help prolong brake pad life. Drilled and slotted rotors that are offered on ebay are okay for our type of driving, but if you can just get drilled, with cambered edges, you will be better off. I also recommend cadium plating on the rotors to help keep the rust at bay. If you've got the sort of wheels that show off your rotors, that's a big plus!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,746 Posts
EBC yellow pads mounted on front and EBC Ultimax slotted and dimpled rotors ready for fronts and rear and a set of EBC yellow for the rear when its time.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
EBC yellow pads mounted on front and EBC Ultimax slotted and dimpled rotors ready for fronts and rear and a set of EBC yellow for the rear when its time.
I looked at those rotors when I did my brake upgrades. They were more than I could afford at the time. Hoe do you like the difference in braking. You might not notice any changes until you face an emergency stop situation....then you'll be glad you changed!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pacific pewter metallic
2,746 Posts
Yeah, Rusty, they are just setting in my garage for now. I bought the whole set when I found I needed pads on the rear. So right now I'm running with the yellow pads on the rear with everthing else ready to go when the time comes. I did go with EBC recommendation that the rotors be ground and trued while mounted on the axel.

So for right now they are very quiet and yes I have had a couple of emergency stops since the yellows were installed. I call it an emergency stop if all my sales literature from the back seat tries to come up into the front seat.

I have to say that with all the company furnished vehicles I have driven, the Ridgeline has the best brakes by of any.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.