Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been seeing a lot of people talking about tires. So I went at measured mine and I have 7/32 tread left. Just wanted to start doing some research.

I think I've limited it down to these 2:

Cooper Discover A/T3
Nitto Terra Grappler

I will be using stock size. Mainly highway and ran all the time so needs to be good in snow and rain as well. Also will be used onmud/gravel roads. Will be used to get to fishing areas through fields in the spring/summer time. Which will be the better tire or are they about the same? Will either be worse on MPG?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
7/32 is a good bit of tread, I'd put that on the back burner for a year. Neither of those are particularly great but probably pretty close in performance. I know a guy that got 38k out of a set of Nitto TG's.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured I could probably make it to summer maybe fall. But just wanted to have in mind a good one just in case.
If these ones aren't god what AT would you recommend that would meet my needs mentioned above?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not good to ask me I'm all Michelin on everything.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
255/65/17 MS2's here too

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the at3's after a recommendation by my mechanic buddy. Had em on a month or so and love them. The snow and ice reviews are phenomenal too. Been fantastic in the shat ton of rain we've been having here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've only had my Cooper AT3's for a week now and I can't complain so far. I had a hard time finding a aggressive tire in the stock size and these seemed to fit my need. I normally buy Michelin or BF's but they didn't have much to fit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the 2 reviews on the Cooper tires.

I also like these 2 tires as well, but they are more expensive than the other 2:

Michelin LTX A/T2
Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure with Kevlar

I like the look of the Goodyear one the most, both have 60,000 mile rating.

Anyone have any experience with these ones?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have Cooper A/T3's on my RIdgeline but I have only had it since November so my opinion is based on 2 months of driving. They handle rain with no problems and we had our first really good snow today and they worked pretty well.

I have always put General Grabber's on my Pilot and they work great in all conditions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just replaced my BFG A/T KO's with the Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar.
The ride is much smoother and quieter than the BFG's with minimal howl on concrete, asphalt noise is equal to or quieter than stock Michelins.
The Kevlar does make them pretty stiff when it comes to pot holes or any abrupt bump but smooth on all other surfaces.
Out performs the BFG's in dry, wet, and ice hands down but the BFGs looked better and handled "offroad" easier.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Not good to ask me I'm all Michelin on everything.
Me too. Got 72K out of my OEM tires, why change? I went with the Michelin LTX/AT's this time around. A little bit more aggressive tread for mud/snow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We all go though it, finding the best tire for our needs at the best price. The stock LTX M/S did well for me, but was going to leave Michelin until their "at cost sale" in October. Went to Michelin LTX A/T2, been very impressed with wear, so far better than LTX M/S, but more highway miles, so apples to oranges.

Seem to be better in snow, but luckily haven't had that much, just as soon keep it that way :act002:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, so upon further researching and help of you guys, I'm either going to go with the Michelin LTX A/T2 or the Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure with Kevlar. I'll check back on this thread and hopefully have some more reviews from you guys that have them after this winter and spring. See how both these are in the snow and rain. Most of my driving will be through that kind of stuff but I will also need a good tire for going through fields and dirt tracks to fishing ponds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts