Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what is the best front and rear brake rotors for my 2013 Ridgeline Sport? I looked on Amazon and there's a lot but most have just one in stock. This is my first brake job so I'd prefer to get some recommendations before I purchase. I just installed Wagner rotors with Honda pads on my 2000 Accord (312000 miles) and they work excellent.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have ebc dimpled and slotted rotors, and yellowstuff pads all around. stops on a friggen dime, but dusty as hell

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Is there something wrong with your current rotors?

As long as my rotors are smooth, I leave them alone.

I have roughly 150,000 miles on my original 2006 rotors. I'm on my 2nd set of brake pads.

Also, I have about 160,000 miles on some 25-year-old rotors on my Infiniti Q45. It's on the 3rd set of pads. The rotors are still smooth after all these years.

I change pads when there is 25% to 30% wear remaining. I don't have rotors turned without having a reason.

The Ridgeline still stops on a dime. The problem is most people following me cannot. Yup..

·
Registered
31 Posts
My mechanic won't let anything but OEM on mine. He says that he has seen too many other issues trying to "upgrade" systems. Just something to consider. I have a Pilot with 240K and a 2007 Ridgeline w/ 180K and both doing great.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
230K with EBC slotted and dimpled and just ordered my 3rd front set of slotted and dimpled from realtruck.com. I carry about 800 pounds around in my Ridge every day. Made in Europe, slottled and dimpled in the USA.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Ditto OEMs, unless you're just looking for an appearance upgrade.

I'm another with 160K+ on an '06 with original rotors chugging right along.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If budget allows original rotors, go original. My budget didnt allow so I went with napa premium rotors and honda pads. I had 170k on my original 06 rotors with just a little bit of shaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts