Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2014 RL, love it- but the driver's seat is killing my back, the shoulders are sculpted in too much for my broad shoulders, feel like I'm sitting in a kid's carseat.. I've read all the suggestions about losing weight, letting it break in, etc... that's not the issue here... My 2003 Tacoma, which was supposed to have been replaced by the RL has great seats, as does my 2012 Sequoia.
So far, I've had the local auto upholster perform a "foamectomy", to no avail..

So, my options are to sell it as a loss (it's unbearable to drive) or... to swap the seat, so...
I'm hoping that someone on this forum knows what other seats I could swap my driver's seat with... (wiring and airbags, I'll figure that out) I'm hoping that older Tacoma seats will be compatible, rail-width-wise..
I would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone who has swapped their RL seats. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2013 Honda Ridgeline
783 Posts
Corbeau seats will blow your mind... but you will loose the side airbag... why not just find a seat out of what you used to drive, and adapt it to fit into the RL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, the corbeau sport seat looks good.. thank you for the suggestion!
I did pick up a tacoma seat from the scrap yard and I'm working on modifying it... was hoping to find something that's a direct bolt-in replacement

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
hmmm, the corbeau sport seat looks good.. thank you for the suggestion!
I did pick up a tacoma seat from the scrap yard and I'm working on modifying it... was hoping to find something that's a direct bolt-in replacement
'Probly won't find a 'direct bolt in' w/o giving up sensors, etc. If that's not important, you've got options.
Otherwise . . . and presuming you're willing to plop down some bucks to get your comfort right . . . consider talking to a GOOD upholstery shop about redoing your Ridgeline seat to fit your needs. Then you can retain all the sensors, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.