Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am a little embarrassed to say that after a year of driving my Ridgeline, last night I hit a brick pillar with my passenger side rearview mirror. The mirror is shattered and of course the housing unit is hanging on by the wires (which don't seem damaged) and some tape currently. I've been looking around to figure out how to replace the entire unit and am uncertain if it's really necessary to take off the entire inside door panel. As everything else, going to the dealership costs more than I would like do pay and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how I can do this myself and where would be a decent deal for a mirror with housing unit? I've looked around the forum and found some good suggestions, but am just wanting to make sure I'm understanding correctly before taking off parts of my truck if it's unnecessary. Thank you to anyone who has any advise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to replace the drivers side mirror a few months ago. It took me no longer than 15 minutes to do it. I got the replacement mirror assembly from Majestic Honda. It comes fully assembled. It was around $120 I'm thinking. No need to remove the inner door panel if you don't want to. Just gently pry of the inner triangle shape cover to expose the three nuts that hold the mirror assembly in place. I stuffed a rag into the window /door opening just in case I dropped one of the nuts down there. Remove the three nuts. Unplug the old mirror assembly. Reverse the process to install the new assembly. Take your time, be careful, piece of cake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to replace the drivers side mirror a few months ago. It took me no longer than 15 minutes to do it. I got the replacement mirror assembly from Majestic Honda. It comes fully assembled. It was around $120 I'm thinking. No need to remove the inner door panel if you don't want to. Just gently pry of the inner triangle shape cover to expose the three nuts that hold the mirror assembly in place. I stuffed a rag into the window /door opening just in case I dropped one of the nuts down there. Remove the three nuts. Unplug the old mirror assembly. Reverse the process to install the new assembly. Take your time, be careful, piece of cake.
What MG88 said. I had to replace mine a few years ago......go ahead and cut off the dangling remnant of your mirror. Snap off the interior cover and MAKE SURE you don't drop those nuts. Use a magnetic tip driver if you have one. Piece of cake......good luck.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Call your insurance and tell them how those kids in that cart at the grocery store knocked it off. Comprehensive and they owe you one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone can help. Other threads say you have to remove the door panel and this one says you do not have to? Is it a model year change or what's the right answer?
Honda's instructions (at least for 2006-07) say to remove the panel. However, many folks, including myself, have done this job w/o removing the panel. The three nuts that hold the mirror assembly are accessible by removing the plastic triangle. You do have to reach a bit with your socket wrench. Of course if you drop a nut, you will end up removing the panel or at least fishing for it!

bd

·
Registered
44 Posts
Honda's instructions (at least for 2006-07) say to remove the panel. However, many folks, including myself, have done this job w/o removing the panel. The three nuts that hold the mirror assembly are accessible by removing the plastic triangle. You do have to reach a bit with your socket wrench. Of course if you drop a nut, you will end up removing the panel or at least fishing for it!

bd
Thanks for clarifying!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so I am a little embarrassed to say that after a year of driving my Ridgeline, last night I hit a brick pillar with my passenger side rearview mirror. The mirror is shattered and of course the housing unit is hanging on by the wires (which don't seem damaged) and some tape currently. I've been looking around to figure out how to replace the entire unit and am uncertain if it's really necessary to take off the entire inside door panel. As everything else, going to the dealership costs more than I would like do pay and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how I can do this myself and where would be a decent deal for a mirror with housing unit? I've looked around the forum and found some good suggestions, but am just wanting to make sure I'm understanding correctly before taking off parts of my truck if it's unnecessary. Thank you to anyone who has any advise.
You sir, are a genius. The towel idea worked great and I had the mirror changed out in minutes. Thank you for the great idea! :act035:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, this is hella old, but wisdom deserves to be praised. The fkn rag worked like a charm. Thanks MG88!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.