Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many here Im targeting the RL. Just offloaded my 13 Silverado 4wd on a new jeep to tow behind our motorhome. Been 6 months without a Pick-up and we miss one. Huge consumer reports subscriber. My search is directed to the RL for the reviews there. Also I travel extensive and have been working deals at multiple dealerships remotely on used RL's. Here's where I'm at and could use some input.

I have my wife's 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible for trade. GT turbo, 64k miles. Not a highly desirable trade, but I have zero time to sell it outright. Always in the air. Trade value on the PT is about 4-4.5K.

Deal 1. Dealer is 2 hours away. 2010 RTL with sunroof. 39K miles, 1 owner, clean car fax, white ext, gray int. looks real clean. Asking 26,895. I have them down to 20K diff.

Deal 2. Dealer is 4 hours away. 2012 RTL. 58K miles. 1 owner. Clean. Clean car fax. I have them down to 20,950 diff. Black with gray.

Deal 3 is my local dealer where I got the jeep. They have a 2011 with 49K. 1 owner clean car fax. Gold and tan. They wil only go 23,800.

I'm leaning towards the 2010. This is a cash deal. What are your opinions? I've been hammering them for the past 10 days lol. Saturday is the only day I can go do a deal.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I vote for Option#1.

Lower mileage is always the tie breaker when price differential is nil, little difference between the model years and great color combo.

Good Luck! :act035:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Unless your local dealer is trying to slip it to you, you might find the terms of the other 2 deals changing when they get to see your trade. They could be low balling you to get you in the door and hope you cave because you don't want to start this whole process over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point in the trade value. My antenna will be up if they attempt this ploy. It's only 1 hour 45 minutes to Springdield Mo. I won't hesitate to pack up and leave if the deal is altered.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
2010 is mentioned as one of the best years these were made. With the lowest miles it's a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. I changed my flight home and now get to head there tomorrow morning. I will report back on my deal/no deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we are here and the deal is a go. Truck is beautiful. They accepted everything that was discussed on the phone. So it is a beautiful day in the Ridgeline neighborhood! Thanks again for everyones help.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well we are here and the deal is a go. Truck is beautiful.
Congratulations on your "new to you" RL! :act024:

Next step is to post pics or it didn't happened! :act035:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks folks. No warrenty other then the remaining factory. Since this deal was considerably less then comparative offers I figure if I need to invest in an aftermarket warrenty I have money to do so. This was bought at a high end sports car/SUV specialty dealer.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Congrats! I would have said the 2010 and 2012 were dead even. The '10 had less mileage, but the '12 is two years newer. That was until I saw the '12 was black. I know everyone has their own preferences, but black is SO difficult to keep clean. It shows every spec of dirt, scratch, ding, dent, etc. The white 2010 is the clear winner and it's obvious by your purchase. If your local dealer wouldn't budge after you showed them both of those deals, it wasn't worth your time anyways. Again, congrats and welcome to the ROC!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts