Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the little plugs my dealer may have removed from the front bumper to attach the the licebnce plate frame . I do not plan to use it and there are these two wholes in the bumper and I wonder if there is a plug for them ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had the same problem, dealer "installed" the front plate holder and since our state neither has nor requires a front plate it is of no use...just an eye sore. I told them right away and they took it off. Of course they could not find the plugs...at first the service rep said they would order them "if" they had them, which of course the do.

You have to have them order the color coordinated plugs (2) of them and they took nearly two weeks for mine to come in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take a small box of doughnuts down to your dealer's prep crew and ask the boys to call you when they prep (PDI) another (same color) RL and that you'd like the plugs. You'd be surprised how soon you get a call.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
70 Posts
My dealer left those little plugs in the center pocket under the radio and under the "This is not an ashtray" compartment. I couldn't see them, but found them by feeling the bottom of the pocket. I doubt it is a routine place to put them, but thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering if they were a real part or do all the bumpers just have holes . Now that I know they exist I will get them from my Dealer .
Thanks again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I finally got mine on Thursday, so yes you should definitely get yours as they look much better!

conchflats said:
I was wondering if they were a real part or do all the bumpers just have holes . Now that I know they exist I will get them from my Dealer .
Thanks again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks! I know know what those 2 "paint chips" are! The saleperson handed them to me in the bag with all my paperwork / manuals. I had no idea what they were for, or from. New jersey requires both front and back plates. It all makes sense know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yes the dealer sells the front bumper plugs, they come painted so you will need the color code to order them, that is located inside on the center pillar, I think that you will spend about 14.00 for both of them, they snap in and there is a little groove on them so be sure to install them the same. groove at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
That's cheaper than the box of donuts idea!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
H&A said:
I've added them to our site right below the touch up paint. They are $1.94 each.

-Trevor
You're a smart man Trevor. I wanted the plugs so I logged on and bought them....as well as $50 worth of maintenance items. We all appreciate your cooperation with the ROC! ;) :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took off the dealer plate when I got home after purchasing to find the same 2 holes. I called my dealer and they said they could not find them. I told them that this would affect the customer satifaction survey when I fill it out. I recieved the plugs 3 days later.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are these square plastic? I found a bag in my glovebox with 2 in it.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Any dealer who charges for these parts after they removed them and then lost them and they are in a state that does not force use of front license plate should have their dealer license taken away from them and then get beaten with it rolled up like a bad dog. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I found mine in a bag the glove box with the manuals also. I like the bad rating on the dealer satisfaction rating for those of you who didn't find them in your truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts