Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the wifey-mobile for service today and guess what she is driving?? Yikes!! Here's a short list of what I can expect:

1. A "I almost hit someone because I was looking at the kids story."
2. Door dings from parking up front at Wally-world
3. Pretzel crumbs from the kids
4. fingerprints on the windows
5. Half empty water bottles
6. And the seat against the steering wheel.

Sound familiar?? I can live with most of these as long as there are no accidents!! I'm really scared. :(

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My thoughts are with you. Happy thoughts. :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I know the feeling...she took it to Bally's Gym yesterday. When she got home, I DID NOT ask her if she had a good workout!. My first question was "How's the Ridgeline? You didn't put a scratch on her? Did you? :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
My wife has not driven mine yet. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
It took my wife (aka "The Warden") a full month before she got the nerve to take the truck for a spin. She loved it of course. :eek: Now everytime I get in it I have to readjust everything and she locks everyhting up tight where I usually leave the roof tilted up to let the heat out. Is it just me or does anyone else always see 114 degrees in the cluster when they first get in? :confused:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THIS JUST IN......

a message on my phone, "I'm taking your truck now honey, is there anything I need to know?" Now I'm really worried. As soon as I reach her...my reply will be "yeah...it's still perfect, and keep it that way!"

disclaimer: This in no way reflects my views on women drivers. it's just a coincidence that my wife is a woman.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I am not that nervous about my wife driving the truck, when she does she will be fine. She used to drive a Suburban which could probably swallow the Ridgeline whole and still have some space left over. As long as she stays away from the city that is, I don't even trust myself driving in the city.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
maybearidge said:
THIS JUST IN......

a message on my phone, "I'm taking your truck now honey, is there anything I need to know?" Now I'm really worried. As soon as I reach her...my reply will be "yeah...it's still perfect, and keep it that way!"

disclaimer: This in no way reflects my views on women drivers. it's just a coincidence that my wife is a woman.
Courage my friend. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha ha!!

She has had very few accidents and no tickets. It's just when I drive with her, I spend a lot of time tensing up and smashing my foot in to the ghost passenger side brake pedal. That's why when I got her a car to drive our kids around in, a got the safest thing I could find....a Volvo...so they say.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Yea, Just wait till your teenager asks to borrow your Ridge!!!!!! I'd gladly give it up to the wife rather than let the kids have at it. :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Oh, please. The sexism is getting mighty thick in this post. Your wives better not read this or you are likely to be doing your own laundry and driving the volvo.

L

·
0 Posts
Truckin' said:
Oh, please. The sexism is getting mighty thick in this post. Your wives better not read this or you are likely to be doing your own laundry and driving the volvo.
Amen Truckin'. Maybe we should send the wives a copy of the post?? :D Lucky for you guys we don't have that access and couldn't do that anyway. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fortunately my wife loves her toyota highlander. She hasn't asked to drive my ridge yet.

Its really just "stuff". Relationships are what is important!

·
Registered
964 Posts
My first husband was an AWFUL driver.

I am still a better driver than my hubby now... I get tense when HE drives MY car. I think men have an overinflated sense of how good a driver they are anyways :D

No sexism here, my husband just happens to be a man :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I know how you feel! I work were my co workers drive the company cars rough and they don't open and get out of the vehicles with caution some times. I get to work early so I can get the best spot in front of my office a pity anyone who hurts The Ridgeline Raider! But they know who it belongs too and they don't want to me angry at them. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Truckin' said:

Umm, I AM THE WIFE, and it's MY TRUCK! :eek: :) he can drive it if I say it's ok-otherwise he can keep on driving his dodge! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts