Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title stated, I never thought I would ever own a truck. I concur a truck would've been beneficial and practical for me but I've never been attracted nor interested. When I first mentioned to my girlfriend "bae I'm thinking about getting a truck" she looked at me in disbelief and I quote "what the hell did you just say, you want a what now" knowing full well she heard me. Not that she dislike trucks but due to the silent I have shown to every acquiring such a vehicle. I explained the Ridgeline will be a excellent daily driver, with many perks and not to mention future wise it's real family friendly, which had her >:) Well here I am today, the proud owner of a new BE! I've been lurking around this forum for about a month or so, ever since I had a slight peak of fascination when Car & Driver raved in their review during first drive. The fact that the interior leaned a bit more on the luxurious side along with numerous comments stating the Ridgeline rides more like a car than a "real" truck deepen my curiosity. Due to the positive reviews of forum members such as yourself, and with my Infiniti FX exhibiting signs of retirement, I came to the conclusion I MUST PURCHASE THIS TRUCK! Well that's my story, and no in-depth review besides I truly enjoy driving my BE. Here is a picture of her, and one with her new best friend. Yes I refer to my BE as her :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
You're proof that Honda's marketing to sell trucks to folks you never thought about owning a truck is working! It's practical, functional and not a bad mix of ride, performance and fun. Enjoy your ride. This is now my 3rd truck (one Ranger and one other RL). This is the best ride yet.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Congratulations on your new wheels. My favorite part of the photo is your neighbor down the street with their two BA black vehicles, don't pick a race with them !

Reactions: BLK Edition

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Nice BE! Looks good with her new BF. Welcome to the ROC. The only slight downside I see is keeping TWO black vehicles shiny; however, I'm sure you can live with that! (and here while scrolling down, I thought we'd have a pic of your new BE with your girlfriend!!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice BE! Looks good with her new BF. Welcome to the ROC. The only slight downside I see is keeping TWO black vehicles shiny; however, I'm sure you can live with that! (and here while scrolling down, I thought we'd have a pic of your new BE with your girlfriend!!)
Haha someones thirsty! Not sure how she would feel about that but yes definitely will be a challenge, not to mention the additional heat black brings in Texas. All my cars been black so far and I keep telling myself next one would be different, next thing I know I wake up with a black car 0:) Although it was hilarious when she asked "Why didn't you get the black edition in a different color..." Had me like :act024:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that's probably about the best driveway duo I've seen yet!

Enjoy, Enjoy ! !
That's high remark, thank you! But I don't know, that duo behind my cars might give me a run for my money. Their Prius hybrid vs my hybrid, their Suv vs my BE :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds like your new vehicle is going to get expensive very quickly!

Remember the rule for engagement rings: it's 3 months' gross salary, not net!
Some great taste in cars!
A more "cost effective" ring went out the window as soon as I decided to purchase the i8 for myself :crying:

Thanks, haven't drove the weekend car (bmw) once since purchasing the BE!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts