Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE MY RIDGELINE.

My first question is that I purchased Westin Gladiators Running boards but when I tried to install them I can not get the M8 1.25 pitch bolt started. Has anyone heard of this issue or know what is the correct bolt?

My second question may sound strange but I'm wondering what I will need to replaced on the RL to get the vehicle operational again if an EMP or solar flare was to destroy the electronics?

2007 Honda RidgeLine RTS
62,000 Miles

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Welcome to the club...

To answer your first question, if you can't get the bolt to start in the hole try it with out the bar, then if it doesn't start get a tap and run it thru the hole.

Second question... not a clue.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I LOVE MY RIDGELINE.

My first question is that I purchased Westin Gladiators Running boards but when I tried to install them I can not get the M8 1.25 pitch bolt started. Has anyone heard of this issue or know what is the correct bolt?

My second question may sound strange but I'm wondering what I will need to replaced on the RL to get the vehicle operational again if an EMP or solar flare was to destroy the electronics?

2007 Honda RidgeLine RTS
62,000 Miles

1. Welcome to ROC.
2. Where ar e you parking your RL? I don't want to be anywhere near it..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, M8-1.25 is the correct size bolt for attaching the running board mounting brackets to the truck using the factory mounting locations. Make sure the holes are free of dirt/crunge, and add a little anti-seize lube to the bolt threads. You should be able to get the bolts installed most of the way by hand before needing to use a wrench. Before tapping out the holes, confirm that bolts that came with your boards are actually M8-1.25's.

You may very well be the first ROCer with Gladiator running boards, so be sure to post some pics of your install for all to see.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,104 Posts
If an electromagnetic pulse or solar flare enters the earth that is powerful enough to knock out the electronics in your truck, we're all going to have A LOT LARGER problems than that. I'm no astrophysicist, but I think you can safely rule out said EMP or solar flare only ruining the electronics in your truck. Something like that would do mass destruction and would likely throw us back into the dark ages. On a positive note, I did read an article last week where scientists expect the solar activity we've been experiencing lately to subside and not return until around 2025.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I doubt any morden vehilce would survive an EMP. According to a few survivalist websites, most any vehilce before 1975 could be brought back to life, but I think anything before 1969 would be best. You'd want a car, truck or motorcycle that has a carburator, points and a distributor. No computers or any electronic management system.

If you're looking to drive a Ridgeline around after the bombs have fallen, your best bet is a grounded, 30 foot deep underground bunker. Put the truck up on jacks, remove the tires and the battery, pull the computer and build a farady cage around it and other microchips. Drain the gas tank and store gasoline using a stabilizing compound. Ground the truck using 00 guage cable and be sure to send me the location you truck is at in case you don't survive the initial blast. Me and my 81 CVCC civic wagon (one of the few, post 80's vehicles that doesn't use a computer to control it) will be along to get the truck in a few weeks. :act035:

·
Registered
951 Posts
reo2007.
Very nice,
I LOVE old Mopars.
Thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts