Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested...Helm Incorporated has finally released the "new" 2006 Honda Ridgeline Owner's Manual (Item # 31SJC602), cost: $34.00 plus handling. The original version was item # 31SJC601...don't know just yet what is changed. Should know in about a week or so... :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Why should existing owners have to pay for this ? We plunked down $30k for our vehicles, and should be sent the new manual in the mail. It's not like they changed it for the 07 models. What if there is a warranty issue, and the dealer uses the line "The owners manual states ........." , but you have an orig. manual, and the dealer is using the updated one, etc.................

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
rtpjunior said:
Why should existing owners have to pay for this ? We plunked down $30k for our vehicles, and should be sent the new manual in the mail. It's not like they changed it for the 07 models. What if there is a warranty issue, and the dealer uses the line "The owners manual states ........." , but you have an orig. manual, and the dealer is using the updated one, etc.................
I concur, Honda should send updated manuals to existing customers!! :cool:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Some owners don't view these changes as "corrections". They see them as a reduction in promised features. The revised manual is Honda's way of covering their you-know-what. :mad:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, all I was trying to do was pass on some information...please don't "kill" the messenger!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Just received the Ridgeline Service Manual...... holy cow, it's huge!

I wonder how big the body and electrical manuals are?

I hope they come out with a CD version. It would be nice to read up on stuff on the good ol' laptop and print out only the pages I want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't read mine, but one thing Honda changed for all 06 models was the powertrain warranty: It is now a 5 yr/ 60k mile powertrain warranty. That change will include ALL Ridgelines, even if you bought yours before the announcement.

·
Registered
146 Posts
mugen1 said:
Just received the Ridgeline Service Manual...... holy cow, it's huge!
I wonder how big the body and electrical manuals are?
The electrical manual is about one inch thick and is worth it. The body manual is very sparce--maybe a sixteenth of an inch and is really only useful if you have wrecked the truck and need part numbers and a few tips on assembly.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Nicholas said:
Damn, all I was trying to do was pass on some information...please don't "kill" the messenger!!! :eek:
Nicholas, I feel you bro! Thank you for sharing that info! :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Believe me, the body manual really came in handy for me this summer when my "baby" was hit by a semi truck. None of the bodyshops around here had the computer updates for replacing the left rear quarter panel and etc. By showing the bodyshop my manual, they were able to repair my truck sooner and actually done a great job. I am very happy with the results! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts