Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put down a deposit yesterday for my 4th RTL; 2006, 2008, 2013, and now 2017. This will most likely be my last, going to miss my sun roof and sliding rear window, but that is Honda for you. I asked about an "E" but the sales manager said he had a long waiting list and he doubted it would be filled. Got a good trade value on my '13 RTL, $1K less difference than the dealership where we have been buying for years. Looking forward to delivery in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Well, as to your missing your sliding rear window, a fellow I know here in town who does glass 'claims' that they can put a custom rear slider in any truck...I would think that might be done in your town, too, by the right people. A friend had a moonroof put in a vehicle, years ago....without much luck and much leaking, so that I would pass on; however, you would think that rear window slide would be an easy to-do????

Looking forward to pics!

congrats.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Congrats Duncan! Do you get to keep your 2013 until the new one arrives? Somebody is going to get a terrific truck.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My 2008 RTL had the sunroof and the sliding rear window, both of which I hardly ever used. So purchasing the RTL-T AWD was not a hard decision for me to make, and the RTL-E had all the optional electronics that I most likely not going to use either. I'm a very low mileage driver and will keep my RL for probably 6-8 years and the $4000 difference between the two models will probably have a valve of around $1000 at that time.

trainman

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
What color are you getting Duncan?
Is it Deep Scarlet Pearl?
My dealership has a Black Edition at a special price don't know what that's all about.
Another closer dealer has 3 Black Editions at this time.
I wish I could do like you go out and get it.

Reactions: 25 Year Honda Owner

·
Super Moderator
5,340 Posts
Put down a deposit yesterday for my 4th RTL; 2006, 2008, 2013, and now 2017. This will most likely be my last, going to miss my sun roof and sliding rear window, but that is Honda for you. I asked about an "E" but the sales manager said he had a long waiting list and he doubted it would be filled. Got a good trade value on my '13 RTL, $1K less difference than the dealership where we have been buying for years. Looking forward to delivery in a few weeks.
Are trade-in values still holding up for the G1? I see the 2013 RTL has a trade-in value of around $29,000.

You will like the new one--so long as the dash does not light up for Christmas due to the wiring harness. It does accelerate so much better than the previous model and the torque vectoring keeps it on the road a little better in turns.

Be sure to check the fit and finish. I am just now finding some odd things about my RL after 6 months of ownership. A couple of paint blobs and the sheet metal does not line up correctly on the front driver's side door where it meets the fender. The plastic black trim around the wheel well is separating from the sheet metal above the wheel. Probably needs replaced.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats Duncan! Do you get to keep your 2013 until the new one arrives? Somebody is going to get a terrific truck.
Yep, still have the '13 RTL.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What color are you getting Duncan?
Is it Deep Scarlet Pearl?
My dealership has a Black Edition at a special price don't know what that's all about.
Another closer dealer has 3 Black Editions at this time.
I wish I could do like you go out and get it.
White Diamond Fred, color choices are difficult down South as most AWDs are going North.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I ordered rtl e in silver last Saturday and they estimate first of Feb delivery. I have a 16 Colorado diesel to trade that has 23400 miles so far in 9 months. Dealer has 2 rtl e in stock one red and just got white in yesterday and it isn't served yet. I don't have moon roof now and my back glass slider is manual so I never use it. When I had my g1 I don't think I used it much either. Im starting to think maybe a rtl t might be better choice? I just didn't like that camera thing sticking off passenger mirror it looked out of place. But man it is 3600 difference and more I think about it wonder if worth it. I usually trade every 2 yrs 60k even though I kept my 09 for 5 at 155k. I wouldn't do that again because 2 years for my mileage is sweet spot if it hold value.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are going to LOVE IT !!!
Trust me.:smile:
I did my one and only test drive of the RTL-T AWD a few weeks ago. Awesome is the only description I can come up with.

·
Premium Member
4,234 Posts
I ordered rtl e in silver last Saturday and they estimate first of Feb delivery. I have a 16 Colorado diesel to trade that has 23400 miles so far in 9 months. Dealer has 2 rtl e in stock one red and just got white in yesterday and it isn't served yet. I don't have moon roof now and my back glass slider is manual so I never use it. When I had my g1 I don't think I used it much either. Im starting to think maybe a rtl t might be better choice? I just didn't like that camera thing sticking off passenger mirror it looked out of place. But man it is 3600 difference and more I think about it wonder if worth it. I usually trade every 2 yrs 60k even though I kept my 09 for 5 at 155k. I wouldn't do that again because 2 years for my mileage is sweet spot if it hold value.
I'm going with the E mainly because my wife will be driving it quite a bit also, and the seat memory would greatly benefit us. I also like her to have the extra safety features.

If I were single, I'd get the RTS, as I think that is the best bargain among all the trim levels.

You just need to sit down, look at all of the options, and figure out what you need, what you want, and what you think you'll actually use....then go from there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i just remembered outside speakers in the E which I want because I would use that feature a lot. Plus on safety side I am on the roads a lot at 32 to 38k miles a year so that is worth it too. I am guessing trade value will hold 70% in 2 years still of the up cost having these features.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got an e-mail from the dealer last night, the dealer trade for the White RTL-T AWD fell through and no other AWD available in the area at this time. Bummer!!

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Just checked carguru.com there's one here on the lot at:

Valley Honda
4221 William Penn Hwy
Monroeville, Pa

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dealer confirmed today that a RTL "T", white with beige interior is being built in a couple of weeks and will be delivered before Christmas. So 3 weeks or more wait. Getting anxious.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Dealer confirmed today that a RTL "T", white with beige interior is being built in a couple of weeks and will be delivered before Christmas. So 3 weeks or more wait. Getting anxious.
A White Diamond Beige RTL-T AWD is on my dealers lot checking their inventory along with the Black Edition I want. Sport Honda Silver Spring Maryland.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A White Diamond Beige RTL-T AWD is on my dealers lot checking their inventory along with the Black Edition I want. Sport Honda Silver Spring Maryland.
Is it actually on-lot?

In most cases, those stock photos are there because it's on order, not actually on-hand. Went through this with a bunch of dealers, including Sport, when I was looking for my RTL-E.

In many cases, those RTL-E and BE ones are pre-sold as well. Always good to call and check.

Pete

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it actually on-lot?

In most cases, those stock photos are there because it's on order, not actually on-hand. Went through this with a bunch of dealers, including Sport, when I was looking for my RTL-E.

In many cases, those RTL-E and BE ones are pre-sold as well. Always good to call and check.

Pete
My dealer says he has 6/7 "E" models sold an is not sure of any delivery. That is Honda and the way they roll, if every one wanted Red trucks they would make more Black trucks.

Reactions: Psychlist1972
1 - 20 of 20 Posts