Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got our Ridgeline after looking into them for years. No major issues after 300 miles (should be that way right?). Maybe I'm a bit picky, but there are two things I have on my list to address when we bring it to have the bed-cover installed (eventually when it is off of back-order), or possibly before.

The wire harnesses that connect on the driver's side above the fuse panel seem to be missing a cover or shield. Wondering if anyone else has taken a look lately.

And there is a loose panel underneath the glove box. On inspection, it appears there is a little plug missing where perhaps some form of clip or keeper would have been. Looking to compare notes. It seems that this panel needs a little more than the plastic dowel pins to keep it secure.

This forum has already answered so many questions. If am on of on my search skills and this has been address, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Again, I may be picky, but this still seems off. Also, the dealer didn't complete the last pages of the check-in/inspection sheet where the owner signs off on everything, so maybe thta is an in for me as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 black BE
36 Posts
My fuse panel looks the same. what model do you have? The indentation under the glove box is where I have the ambient floor lighting on my 21 BE. I don’t think all models have the ambient lighting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can only comment about the Honda dealer here in Pensacola, but I purchased a used Accord from them and reviewed the multi-item checklist they had completed prior to the sale. Among those checked off items was the tire pressure of the spare time. A couple of days after purchase I checked that myself as a trip was pending. There was not enough pressure in the spare to even register on the gauge. Not a bad idea to double check.

·
Administrator
20,132 Posts
The floppy panel under the glove box may not be desirable, but it's normal. Trims equipped with red or blue interior ambient lighting will have a light in this hole. According to Honda, only the RTL-E (blue) and Black Edition (red) have it, but it appears to be present on the Sport (red) as well. You must have an RTL. :)

It's normal for there not to be a cover over the top green connector on the MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit - aka "interior fuse box" - aka BCM or Body Control Module) which controls devices like the horn, lighting, and wipers.

·
Premium Member
2021 RTL-E
74 Posts
I have a 2021 RTL-E and as @DrWu says — that hole under the passenger side is for the LED lighting.

My fuse box is the same.

Here’s the Edit: Now that you got me under there looking, the panel under my glove compartment is about ready to fall off — so I have the following 3ea items for the Dealer at my first visit:

1. The Gas Tank Door (which is really the gas cap) trailing edge is not flush with the panel

2. The drivers’ side vanity mirror lights are inop

3. The panel under the glove compartment is not secure (as mentioned above)

This is 3-more items than my Tacoma had on its first visit to the dealer when it was new.

Door Rectangle Fixture Tints and shades Composite material Automotive lighting Gas Tints and shades Electric blue Font

·
Administrator
20,132 Posts
AFAIK, that piece is floppy on all 2G Ridgelines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts