Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard on one of the forums on YouTube that the new 2021 Ridgeline will include new accressories for the truck as well. Has anyone else heard this? If so, is there a list or release date? I’m hoping there are some other options other than Jsport. I didn’t realize when I bought my 2018 RTL-E that the accessory companies have the same hatred towards Ridgelines like all the non-owers do. I don’t like all the “hacks” you need to do just to get a regular bed rack to fit. (Ie bed rails that align with the factory holes) Money is money to me, so I don’t understand why you can get so many other things added to every other mid-size truck. This fact and the “searching” the 6-speed does on the highway at 75mph are the only two things I hate about this truck. (Another thread completely) I’ll deal with the searching if I can outfit the truck better with accessories like every other truck brand.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This fact and the “searching” the 6-speed does on the highway at 75mph are the only two things I hate about this truck. (Another thread completely).
I haven't noticed that problem. I often set my cruise at that speed on certain highways and I think the only time it downshifts is on hills that are a bit steeper than the usual mild rolling terrain.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
There aren't many aftermarket parts for the Ridgeline simply because there aren't many Ridgelines to begin with. If you were an aftermarket vendor, would you rather supply something that could sell to hundreds of thousands of Tacomas, or sell to hundreds of Ridgelines? For many vendors, the ROI (return on investment) simply isn't there for the Ridgeline aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I heard on one of the forums on YouTube that the new 2021 Ridgeline will include new accessories for the truck as well.
I read it on the internet, it must be true.

Sorry, I couldn't help it, I'm sometimes controlled by my baser instincts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard on one of the forums on YouTube that the new 2021 Ridgeline will include new accressories for the truck as well. Has anyone else heard this? If so, is there a list or release date? I’m hoping there are some other options other than Jsport. I didn’t realize when I bought my 2018 RTL-E that the accessory companies have the same hatred towards Ridgelines like all the non-owers do. I don’t like all the “hacks” you need to do just to get a regular bed rack to fit. (Ie bed rails that align with the factory holes) Money is money to me, so I don’t understand why you can get so many other things added to every other mid-size truck. This fact and the “searching” the 6-speed does on the highway at 75mph are the only two things I hate about this truck. (Another thread completely) I’ll deal with the searching if I can outfit the truck better with accessories like every other truck brand.

Traxta (sp) provides lift kits made especially for Ridgelines, don't know what else they have

Does anybody know if all models of the 2021 Ridgeline have dual exhaust ?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
To be fair a lot of those other trucks with lots of dress up accessories are pretty grim in their stock /base form.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Slim options to molest your Ridgeline but you start with an amazing platform if it fits your needs.

Rock crawls and 24” snows are not a good match, 250 mile freeway runs with some twisty riverside roads, a dump run a month, and a dog limo are what I needed and do gratefully enjoy since I signed the line for my RTL-E for more than I am comfortable with, except after a 10 hr day with heated seat set right it seems so good!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Does anybody know if all models of the 2021 Ridgeline have dual exhaust ?
Pretty good bet they will. It's not a true dual though...just splits after the catalytic I think. I believe HPD is an options package that gets added/swapped, and there appear to be slight cutouts in the bumper for the dual exhaust tips. Doesn't seem logical to use two different bumpers for MY 2021 RLs -- hence dual exhaust tips would be common across trims.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't noticed that problem. I often set my cruise at that speed on certain highways and I think the only time it downshifts is on hills that are a bit steeper than the usual mild rolling terrain.
All you gotta do is push the button on the shifter and; Bam, no more up and down shifting on hills.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am guessing that the 'searching at 75mph' is not the transmission, it is the VCM going to 3 cylinders and back to 6. Mine does this at 75mph too. I bought an S-VCM and it completely fixed the problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a device that tells the Engine Computer that the motor is not fully up to temperature by a few degrees. That makes the Variable Cylinder Mgmt system never kick on. It worked 100% on mine.

There is a guy that sells them on this website. Just look for it in the G2 forums. I think it is a sticky thread at the top.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
What is a S-VCM ? I would like to fix that issue too !
In my opinion, S-VCM is a solution to a non-existing problem. I suggest you drive your truck for several months to see if the VCM is an issue for you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
To be fair a lot of those other trucks with lots of dress up accessories are pretty grim in their stock /base form.
And a lot of those accessories are tacky and look cringey.

In my opinion, S-VCM is a solution to a non-existing problem. I suggest you drive your truck for several months to see if the VCM is an issue for you.
The problem with Internet forums, and they can be good and informative, is that they sometimes create problems and anxiety when they shouldn’t. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Every auto forum is going to have complaints about defects and failures. My Ridgeline is 6 months old right now. My F150 at this point already had me on first name basis with the service manager.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My salesman showed me a sheet with 4 option packages. One was the HPD with the bronze wheels and wide fender trim. There were some other items but I don’t remember what. MSRP was little under $3k. Another package included a tonneau cover, larger cargo net, small cargo net and trunk dividers. MSRP for this package was about $1300. There was also a package with just the two cargo nets and trunk dividers for about $300. I can’t remember the fourth package. The 2021s are supposed to show up in February at my dealership (UT) and it sounded like the initial stock would show up with one of these packages.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I have a S-VCM on the way, when it goes to three cylinders it is very annoying and does not seem to help with the fuel mileage

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Those sound like the Utility and Utility Plus packages.
If true, those packages sound like "yawns" to me. Wonder what the price will be for just HPD wheels and grill, if available separately...betcha they will be pricey. The HPD decals and flares would have no appeal for me.

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
If true, those packages sound like "yawns" to me. Wonder what the price will be for just HPD wheels and grill, if available separately...betcha they will be pricey. The HPD decals and flares would have no appeal for me.
I think I mis-spoke. They are probably Function and Function + packages. I don't think we're going to get any "Adventure" package, at least not sanctioned by Honda.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Yeah, a true "Adventure" package really should be some sort of mild off-road version with skidplates and AT tires at least. Maybe Honda is testing the market with the HPD package during the sunset years of the G2 as they contemplate an "Adventure/Off-Road" version for the G3?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts