Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hello, ROC!

My first Ridgeline and I've had it for 4 days. Took it in today and found out I need a few things done to be 100%. My question is what is the most needed and what order should things be done. The Ridgeline presents itself to be adaptable and many modifications/add-ons can be done.

I have already been considering getting slightly larger tires, black rims (rim can stay the same size), running boards, roof rack and maybe a push bar on the front. A 2" lift, suspension are two other things that are to be coming as well.

Apparently, I need new lower control arms and bushings, all struts and a front driver axle (hence, I would need new front tires as well). So, with a 9k cash purchase, funds are on the lower end.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I am not that mechanically inclined to necessarily do the work on my own and I don't mind paying for peace of mind to have the job done correctly.

My questions are: order or importance (both logically or bigger picture thinking) and any particular brands or part numbers that would be beneficial with the above notes.

Thanks for all your help and I look forward to being a valuable member of the ROC!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
How many miles?

Pretty much you could do struts first...but doing everything at once would be beneficial, because you are going to have the stuff off anyways.

My suggestion to the budget minded

KYB struts from wherever online. rockauto.com would be a good choice.

and factory strut mounts. Part that sits on top of strut and bolts to vehicle.

I used to have a picture of the bushing that was torn on my front lower control arms.Mine was almost completely torn through. If it is just cracked..it can wait. I used some moog ones from rockauto.

If you can get a picture of the rear bushing on the lower control arm I can further inform you. In the below link it is the bushing that the bolt goes through vertically.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5791191&cc=1431832&jsn=339

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply S.T.U.V. I really appreciate it!

The mileage is 86k. I was thinking the same thing in regards to getting it all done at once but I'm not too sure how long I can go without accomplishing these repairs. I could get it all done within 2 months here, regardless.

I will definitely look into the KYB struts, I was on Rockauto earlier this morning. I will get a photo today when I pick up the truck and see what you think.

Again- thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
No problem. 86k seems a bit low to need the control arms. and...maybe struts. Wouldn't hurt though. Would ride much better. Unless the struts are leaking. I replaced my arms at 150k ish..

If you are getting new tires I would do it before hand or quickly after cause it can cause unusual wear if the struts/arms are bad.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,340 Posts
86k miles and needing new struts, axles, control arm bushings etc seems UNLIKELY. Can you be more specific about your symptoms / what exactly is wrong with each part?

Has this truck been abused or spent it previous life with a lift installed?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I'd get second opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts