Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just purchased a '17 B/E Ridgeline last Saturday! I'm replacing my 2002 Ford Ranger that I've been driving for the past 14 years as a daily driver, so definitely a big change for me!

I was looking through the manual and can't find any suggestions on how to "drive" the vehicle in the beginning stages. Is there a certain rule for say the 1st 500 miles? I'm about 400 miles in so far, and have drove it like normal, not pushing it hard or easy..

Looking forward to all your inputs / suggestions on this board.

Mike

· Premium Member
608 Posts
Hi guys,

I just purchased a '17 B/E Ridgeline last Saturday! I'm replacing my 2002 Ford Ranger that I've been driving for the past 14 years as a daily driver, so definitely a big change for me!

I was looking through the manual and can't find any suggestions on how to "drive" the vehicle in the beginning stages. Is there a certain rule for say the 1st 500 miles? I'm about 400 miles in so far, and have drove it like normal, not pushing it hard or easy..

Looking forward to all your inputs / suggestions on this board.

Mike
Welcome to the ROC.

The full manual say not to brake hard, and I believe it says no towing for the first 500 miles (it may be more).

Wow...big difference from the Ranger to the RL!

Sounds like you are doing what many do...just drive normal, but a little on the gentle side for the first several hundred miles....then: "V-Tec, Baby!" at least once, just to hear it kick in...

Don't forget you can get a copy of the entire manual set (instead of just the CD) via your Honda account. There is a thread in G2 section that explains how to get there. You need to order it within 6 months of purchase and there is no charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.