Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, I've been on the CRV and Pilot forums for years. I picked up my Black Edition yesterday. Now its time to get some accessories.
I'll probably start with the mud guards, possibly the side moldings and decide where as I gain some use of it.
Is there a prefered source for these accessories yet?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
I'm almost done buying accessories. I have found that Honda Village in Newton, MA has the best prices for virtually all the OEM accessories. They also have more liberal shipping and return policies than most of the others.

Genuine Honda OEM Parts & Accessories | Honda Village Parts

The downside with Honda Village is that they still haven't hooked up their catalog of 2017 Ridgeline accessories -- so while they have all of them, there's no easy way to navigate to them. The way I workaround that is by visiting Bernardi or College Hills, which both have excellent catalogs, and I get the Honda part number from one of them. Then I paste that into the Honda Village main search field. They have every part in the accessories catalog, some at significant discount, but all at lower prices. It's worth this extra step.

Here's where to browse the catalogs with pictures:

2017 Genuine Honda Ridgeline Accessories - Bernardi Parts

2017 Genuine Honda Ridgeline Accessories: College Hills Honda

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm would also like to get a sun shade - one designed specifically for the R2. I did a quick search online and didn't find much. Any tips?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
So far as I know, Honda does not sell a G2-specific sunshade. While perhaps one size doesn't fit all, the makers of sunshades rarely target a specific vehicle. And I'm no expert on independent aftermarket products. I'm not even sure what kind of store would carry sunshades. You could try autoanything.com. They are kind of like the Walmart of auto parts and accessories, although their prices aren't great. Personally, I don't shop by store. I use Google and Amazon.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Let's not forget our friends at handa.com (HandA); one of our forum sponsors. Those are great guys over there, very knowledgeable & friendly. Price competitive as well.

They specifically address accessories, and have all of the installation instructions for OEM accessories freely available on their site..... this can be very helpful when trying to assess whether a particular project falls within your specific DIY skill-set. :wink:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Let's not forget our friends at handa.com (HandA); one of our forum sponsors. Those are great guys over there, very knowledgeable & friendly. Price competitive as well.

They specifically address accessories, and have all of the installation instructions for OEM accessories freely available on their site..... this can be very helpful when trying to assess whether a particular project falls within your specific DIY skill-set. :wink:
I don't think that they have their 2017 RL stuff up yet though. At least if they do, I can't find it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm would also like to get a sun shade - one designed specifically for the R2. I did a quick search online and didn't find much. Any tips?
I also have a new BE. Wouldn't the shade custom cut for a 2016 Pilot fit? °Google Heat Shield windshield shade. They make a custom cut one for the 2016 Pilot with the sensor (thing by your rear view mirror), I have one of shields on my wife's MdX advance. It's high quality for 40 bucks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also have a new BE. Wouldn't the shade custom cut for a 2016 Pilot fit? °Google Heat Shield windshield shade. They make a custom cut one for the 2016 Pilot with the sensor (thing by your rear view mirror), I have one of shields on my wife's MdX advance. It's high quality for 40 bucks
Not long after my post I started wondering the same thing about the 2016 Pilot custom shades. I found some nice looking Covercraft for around $50 but I didn't want to get impatient. I will research this some more and make sure it will fit well before buying. Hard to imagine it not fitting fairly well. I can probably find it myself, but I'd love to get the exact measurements of both windows to see how different they are. I would rather the shade be a little too big than a little too small.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

I don't think that they have their 2017 RL stuff up yet though. At least if they do, I can't find it.
I meant to, and should have said to CALL them. They may very well have just what you need, but the site is just not set up yet for it. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out if you don't mind speaking with someone. What have you got to lose but a minute of your time?

It's nice that you can call & speak with these guys directly, and they are usually very helpful. 'Pretty knowledgeable bunch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try Covercraft . If you call them and give them the year, make and model of your vehicle they will send (or make) you a custom fit sunshade for your Ridgeline.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try Covercraft . If you call them and give them the year, make and model of your vehicle they will send (or make) you a custom fit sunshade for your Ridgeline.
Yeah, Covercraft is what I'm hoping for. Yesterday I ordered a Covercraft shade for my wife's 2015 Odyssey. I'm going to wait and see if I like it before trying to get one for the Ridgeline. Of course I'll try to place hers in the Ridgeline too just to see how close it is to fitting.

I'll post a message here when I find the best solution. :)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have had Cover Craft heat shield since 2000 when I got my Acura TL.
Have had several of them for the car in 16yrs time for another.
Have one for 07 Ridgeline and 09 Focus have the storage bag for each vehicle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered the floor mats and mud guards from one of the dealers linked above. There was a discount that wasn't there a couple days ago so I hit the buy button.

Those sun shields look like very good quality. I'd be interested in seeing pictures of one that fits the G2.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just installed the splash guards (all four) this morning. Took about 20 minutes and they look nice. Kinda' small, but I think they'll help protect the bodywork. I also got a plastic mat that covers the carpet under the rear seat. Fits well looks okay. I had a clear bra installed on the front clip and mirrors before I picked it up at the dealer. I'm probably at the end of modifications for the RL.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, Covercraft is what I'm hoping for. Yesterday I ordered a Covercraft shade for my wife's 2015 Odyssey. I'm going to wait and see if I like it before trying to get one for the Ridgeline. Of course I'll try to place hers in the Ridgeline too just to see how close it is to fitting.

I'll post a message here when I find the best solution. :)
My wife's sun shade arrived on Saturday. I tried it in the Ridgeline before trying it in her van. It was way too big. They're a little pricey so I don't plan on gambling on the one designed for the Pilot.

It fits well and looks great in the Odyssey of course. This morning I called Covercraft and the rep was not able to give me an ETA for a 2017 Ridgeline sun shade.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I received and installed the front and rear mudguards and rubber floor mats. The rubber mats are nice and appear to be good quality.

:surprise:I was immediately unimpressed at the thinness of the mudguard material. Of course they fit well since they are the OEM Honda parts. But they aren't nearly as substantial as the ones on my 2007 Pilot or 2003 CRV.

C'mon Honda you could have spent an extra couple dollars and make something that I can expect to be durable. I would have paid a few more dollars. :frown:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts