Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Rtl, nav and roof, 130k. So I changed all four brake pads and rotors, front brake calipers too. Somehow now engine won’t start! I hear solenoid clicking but no cranking... I checked battery thats 2 years old: disconnected battery for good few hours while I charged, reconnected (checked and it had voltage) but still the same. Connected a cheap scanner but no codes other than incomplete this and that due I had battery removed. What could have went wrong? I even connected another battery from my boat parallel to make sure there’s enough juice.. any help appreciated! Thank you!
Btw, I had my friend try Ridgeline and he decided to go for a Ridge over Tacoma 😂

·
Registered
272 Posts
Start with double checking the battery connections and the battery itself. Have you tried jump starting the vehicle with another vehicle? If the battery is truly good and strong, I would look a starter itself. My gut is it’s battery. It does not take much for a weak battery with a bad cell to cause your issue.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,315 Posts
Here are a few things to get you started (no pun intended):

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your inputs! Battery is good at 12.46v with headlights on. Solenoid in front of driver side door is good... haven’t got to check starter itself. Maybe transmission position sensor could be the issue? (Is it same as neutral safety sensor?) I’m not sure. I was going to spend sometime to figure out what’s wrong with it but I just didn’t have time today. I will keep you guys updated with my “progress” and i hope more inputs coming it 😂 thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here’s my update. It’s working now. It was starter. I bought the least expensive starter off of Amazon (new) and replaced it. It’s working. I wished I had a few warnings from the Ridge lol I am still puzzled why the starter died when I changed the brakes...
Thanks for all your help!
166FA980-CF45-4B36-9EBC-32E60232BB1D.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts