Vendor
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Shame.
It would be really cool if you can come up with a winch mount for the Ridge.
Hey L-I, superglue?:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello Fellow ROC'ers, I just ordered one from Jason in black for by Black Ridge. I will post pics up as soon as I am able to install it.

Can't wait.

p.s. Jason, Nice guy, super quick response to emails. Thanks.!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Everyone, Just an update. I received my bar yesterday afternoon, a day after I ordered it, wow, and I spent the better part of last night installing it. I must say that I have never been a big fan of bar in the front of trucks, but I love how this one looks. My kit was off by a couple of washers and the instructions need a little tweaking, but it was fairly straight forward. Much more protection now for the front end. I will have pics up soon.

p.s. Jason, if you want the details of the issues I saw, let me know.

·
Registered
227 Posts
lgmendez said:
Hey Everyone, Just an update. I received my bar yesterday afternoon, a day after I ordered it, wow, and I spent the better part of last night installing it. I must say that I have never been a big fan of bar in the front of trucks, but I love how this one looks. My kit was off by a couple of washers and the instructions need a little tweaking, but it was fairly straight forward. Much more protection now for the front end. I will have pics up soon.

p.s. Jason, if you want the details of the issues I saw, let me know.

you were missing 1 or 2 smaller washers weren't you? I had the same thing with mine. An extra large washer, not enough small washers for the support brace. Took me 2 minutes to find one in my tool box though, so no biggie.

·
Registered
256 Posts
IShootPics said:
you were missing 1 or 2 smaller washers weren't you? I had the same thing with mine. An extra large washer, not enough small washers for the support brace. Took me 2 minutes to find one in my tool box though, so no biggie.
How funny, I actually ended up with 2 small washers and was missing the big ones and a locking washer. The instructions are a little off also. The 14mm bolt only applies to the passenger side with no tow hook. The driver's side had 3 17MM bolts. I also thought the bolts that hold the other support bracket to the OEM brace where too short.

BTW, how did you mount the front license plate? Mine would fit anymore since I did not leave that much room between the bar and the bumper. I like how it looks closer than further.

·
Registered
170 Posts
anyone have different pics of what colors look good with the chrome bull bars. I looking to get a black, red or blue or even green. Not sure yet. Dose the bull bars look good on all of them?

·
Registered
227 Posts
rfs830 said:
anyone have different pics of what colors look good with the chrome bull bars. I looking to get a black, red or blue or even green. Not sure yet. Dose the bull bars look good on all of them?

I have black with chrome bar, but I'd kill to do it over again and go with black.. Seen black on black trucks around here, and my God it looks 10x better :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone have pics to post of the looks. I ordered the Westin Black Nerf bars for my silver RTS and was debating on ordering the Westin Bull Bar. Of course I would get black to match my nerf bars, but would definitely like to check out a picture of the front bar if anyone has one to share. Like to see what it looks like on the truck with the black bar instead of the chrome one like on the website. Also did you put in after market lights?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know if the Bull Bars would block the view of the front license plate? In NJ we have front plates and they need to be clearly visible.

·
Registered
256 Posts
AC Ridge said:
Does anyone know if the Bull Bars would block the view of the front license plate? In NJ we have front plates and they need to be clearly visible.
The only thing you have to do is turn the OEM plate holder upside down and then mount the license plate as normal. Works perfect!!!

Here is a pic of mine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
More pics for my fellow ROC'ers.

:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
The problem I had with black SMITTY BILT bars on my Toyota 4x4 was having to paint them every year. :eek: The paint fades and chips off. I had the DBL front Bumper, DBL Tube Rear bumper and the Nerf Bars, with a DBL Roll Bar. LOOKED>>>>:cool: All BLACK! What a pain. I'm Going Chrome or Stainless.:D

But I will admit the black does look SWEEEEEEEET! Nice ride.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts