Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the ridgeline family....and I didn't even know I wanted one.

Found a mint 2010 one owner RL EXL finished in original mocha metallic paint and black leather. RL has 200km or 120k miles for you Americans...lots of hwy driving in this baby. Has had every "by the book" service done at honda dealer...I'm convinced that the previous owner just said yes to everything the dealer wanted to do. No accidents, factory tonneau cover, 18" oem alloys with Michelin rubber.

I hope I'm not disappointed in the gas mileage. Planning to add oem black running boards, hood deflector, rear MUDs, black roof rack and brand new 17" factory alloys with 245/70/17 meaty rubber (looking at khumo AT KL78's). I don't like the look of the 18's so they will be up for sale soon. I plan on spraying the 17" wheels flat black with that wheel coating that can be removed. Pick it up in 3 days and I can't wait. Will also pick up some weather tech winter floor mats in the fall.

I think I got a great deal on this RL. I paid $13,800 cdn for it....by far the cheapest, most well maintained truck I could find. Timing belt and water pump done 18,000 miles ago. All fluids and tune ups and brake services done by the book.

Anyway, this makes 53 vehicles that I've owned for this 43yr old car nut....will be my 11th honda.

It wasn't my first colour choice (love the Aberdeen green metallic from the 2007's) but feel that the mocha with black accents should look sweet.

Not sure if I should run raised white letter tires or just go with standard black sidewalls.

Based on the truck and options planned, any comments or tips/pointers would be welcomed.

Anyway....excited for Saturday....sorry for the lengthy intro.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Hello all,

New to the ridgeline family....and I didn't even know I wanted one.

Found a mint 2010 one owner RL EXL finished in original mocha metallic paint and black leather. RL has 200km or 120k miles for you Americans...lots of hwy driving in this baby. Has had every "by the book" service done at honda dealer...I'm convinced that the previous owner just said yes to everything the dealer wanted to do. No accidents, factory tonneau cover, 18" oem alloys with Michelin rubber.

I hope I'm not disappointed in the gas mileage. Planning to add oem black running boards, hood deflector, rear MUDs, black roof rack and brand new 17" factory alloys with 245/70/17 meaty rubber (looking at khumo AT KL78's). I don't like the look of the 18's so they will be up for sale soon. I plan on spraying the 17" wheels flat black with that wheel coating that can be removed. Pick it up in 3 days and I can't wait. Will also pick up some weather tech winter floor mats in the fall.

I think I got a great deal on this RL. I paid $13,800 cdn for it....by far the cheapest, most well maintained truck I could find. Timing belt and water pump done 18,000 miles ago. All fluids and tune ups and brake services done by the book.

Anyway, this makes 53 vehicles that I've owned for this 43yr old car nut....will be my 11th honda.

It wasn't my first colour choice (love the Aberdeen green metallic from the 2007's) but feel that the mocha with black accents should look sweet.

Not sure if I should run raised white letter tires or just go with standard black sidewalls.

Based on the truck and options planned, any comments or tips/pointers would be welcomed.

Anyway....excited for Saturday....sorry for the lengthy intro.
That's 125K miles to be precise.... but who's counting (damned Yanks).;act028:
Post some pics!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome Hotpsut!

Glad to have another Ridge owner in the area :act035:

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal - I wouldn't let my '09 go for anywhere near that price.

Also sounds like we have something else in common... I'm on #57 at 46 years old! And also 11 Honda cars/trucks so far :cheerleader:

My RL on 18" - I'm not a fan of white lettered tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the ROC from another American :act024:

53 vehicles in 43 years... wow.

reads like you got a good find on the RL. enjoy it. ditto on the pictures.

edit: and xrdad 57 vehicles in 46 years! nice 'race' quote too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the welcomes....yes, I'm a car nut for sure. Looking forward to picking it up on sat and will post some pics this weekend.

Yeah, will most likely stick with black sidewall tires....gonna try that flat black skin paint on some new oem 17's.....gonna sell the stock 18's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Hotpsut!

Glad to have another Ridge owner in the area :act035:

Sounds like you got a GREAT deal - I wouldn't let my '09 go for anywhere near that price.

Also sounds like we have something else in common... I'm on #57 at 46 years old! And also 11 Honda cars/trucks so far :cheerleader:

My RL on 18" - I'm not a fan of white lettered tires.
Wow, more cars than me....didn't think that was possible. Love the wheels on your RL....nice ride.

I was putting together a PowerPoint with all my old cars...most are with pics just found on the net....along with some details or stories from all the cars....figured I better do it before I'm too old and forget them all....the only problem is the order in which I owned them will be a little messed up but oh well.

I used to know the name and phone number of my insurance lady because I called the poor girl every 6mths with vins for different cars...lol

Thanks again for the well wishes....anyone want to check out one of my favourites....google rcmp ssp mustang (car was in a magazine) or youtube rcmp mustang viper as I have a nice vid of my rcmp mustang laying a good quarter mile beating on a viper.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wow, more cars than me....didn't think that was possible.

:act014: I blame my dad. He's had almost as many.
Several of the cars were donated, including one of my most recent - 2001 CRV. It has a bad trans at 380000km. Undecided what to do with it - either repair and let the kids use it as a learning car, or turn it into an off roader? There's so much potential in these cars :)

Awesome 'stang! It's the one car I missed getting. In the early '90, there was a plain trim base model with the 5.0L
My dad wouldn't let me buy it... said I need a little more time behind the wheel. That's when I ended up with an S10 reg cab, short box 2WD with 4.3L
Looking back, the 'stang would have been safer :act060:

Mine's the gray one in front, with chrome mags and a Banshee in the box!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked up the ridgeline today...will post pics once I figure out how. In the meantime, I'm having cluster light issues...on day one....I posted on the thread that dealt with cluster issues....not sure what will happen now.

I called the GM dealer that is 2hrs away from my home with the news of the problem. They want me to bring it back so they can dick around with it. I don't really want to spend 8hrs of time and fuel for 2 trips to have this fixed.

I asked for a credit...maybe I will attempt to repair myself or use the money to have my local Honda dealer (good friend works there) and have them try and repair it. I think this may be the problem

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27789&page=7

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's your call, but in my experience I would just return thus to the GM dealer where you bought it. I suspect that a) this wouldn't pass safety and b) the dealer wants to protect their reputation. They will check and if it's even a little complicated, will send it the the Honda store to be repaired. If you go for a credit, the job is on you and it may end up more expensive in the end. If the risk worth it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks....taking it back this week....hopefully they send it out to honda...was driving last night....couldn't see a damn thing....then when it flashes it's just a huge distraction....dangerous

1 - 17 of 17 Posts