Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, nice looking car. I'll bet it will sell like crazy. I wonder what kind of MPG it will get?

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's funny but my '83 civic got better MPG. Not nearly the car as the new ones but you'd think Honda could do a bit better....especially when one looks at todays gas prices. I'm surprised they don't offer a higher mileage version instead of another expensive hybrid.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Picked up a co-worker at the Honda dealer this morning as he's having maintenance done on his 04 Accord. To my surprise, right in front of me was the new Civic (sedan). What a great looking ride. It beautiful! I didn't have time to get out and give it the once over, but I will soon. They're going to sell the "you know what" out of these.

·
Registered
578 Posts
basils said:
It's funny but my '83 civic got better MPG. Not nearly the car as the new ones but you'd think Honda could do a bit better....especially when one looks at todays gas prices. I'm surprised they don't offer a higher mileage version instead of another expensive hybrid.

The new civic also weighs probably 800-1000lbs more than the '83 civic, is a lot more powerful, and a lot safer.

I thought about this a lot this past week. I am in the market or a early 90's civic to mpg purposes (trying to replace a minivan that we don't need or use).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
shingles said:
The new civic also weighs probably 800-1000lbs more than the '83 civic, is a lot more powerful, and a lot safer.

I thought about this a lot this past week. I am in the market or a early 90's civic to mpg purposes (trying to replace a minivan that we don't need or use).
Oh this is definitely true, it is a larger vehicle and a heavier vehicle, it also has all sorts of new safety features that the 80s civic never had as well as a lot of other things. I bet an 80s civic would never get a 5 star rating using today's standards. Also remember that an 80s civic is more the size of the new Jazz in Europe, which apparently is coming to the US, and it still doesn't match up with the Hybrid which gets better mileage. Also feature for feature, the hybrid isn't really that much more expensive than the non-hybrid version, and apparently this price may sneak in a little more over time as the volume increases.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
A couple of humorous reviews of the British built 06 Civic.
The mpg for the 2.2L diesel is quoted as 55mpg Imp (44mpg US). Also interesting is that the diesel is considered to be the top of the range model, over the 2.0L gasoline version.

Looking at the front end styling they're giving it in the UK, I think I have to agree with the question in the headline of the first article.

http://motoring.independent.co.uk/road_tests/article332092.ece
http://motoring.independent.co.uk/road_tests/article331347.ece

·
Registered
263 Posts
basils said:

Also, that 83' Civic would never pass today's onraod emmisions standards and the new Civic has a lot more power.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Our son’s ready to drop a deposit on the new 06’ Civic SI and they are going for 25000. To 23500. Here on the west coast. Kind of pricey but its demand has been phenomenal. We think this unit will do very well in the younger tuner market.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Our first Honda was a 2000 Civic Si. What a rocket and a blast to drive! My wife drove it for two absolutely trouble free years. She finally tired of climbing in and out of it due to it's low to the ground stance and her long legs. She also thought that she was tired of rowing through the gears. We ended up trading it on a 2 door Accord EX with a V6. Another Rocket and absolutely trouble free again! We also got $1500 less than we paid for the Civic after more than 2 years of owning it. The dealer had it sold before we took delivery of the Accord. She saw the new Civic info and is now hot to trot about getting another Si, just like the black one in your picture DoctorJ. Here we go again!

·
Registered
993 Posts
5S Dude said:
Our son’s ready to drop a deposit on the new 06’ Civic SI and they are going for 25000. To 23500. Here on the west coast. Kind of pricey but its demand has been phenomenal. We think this unit will do very well in the younger tuner market.
Man, MSRP is just under 20,000 US, I'd hold out if you can. I hear many people just paying MSRP, and my dealer here won't charge over MSRP.

We're also looking at the Si as our second car.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
its a difficult decision to buy a civic, its basically a comparison between one vehicle to another once owning a honda. In someone's head comparison owning a honda a few years back, its hard to compare the value between an accord and a civic. a 1994 honda is basically almost the same size as the new civic with almost the same powerplant 2.2L 145hp vs. 1.8L 140hp and length and size is almost close. Now that the Accord is a midsize car and prices for civic back then was 14K, and now 19k to 20K and getting the nothing new in exception to DVD navi, bigger wheels & tires, and new engine.

·
Registered
897 Posts
2006 Civic EX Coupe ~1700 miles so far...mpg: 75% backroads and 15% highway (5% morning warmups :D) observing 37-38mpg. That number is fine with me, I predict 40's once out of break-in. I am also amazed how well that Galaxy Grey matches my Amazon Green :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
This is also the best performing 'regular' civic I have ever driven...and this makes me 10x more suprised it gets that kind of mileage ;)

Big downside: OEM tires (as always) completely suck in anything but .5" of fresh unplowed powder. Anything more and it's abs heaven. Thankfully the 15" steel/snowtire comebo I had for my Accord V6 will bolt right up - doing that next weekend.

My only 'gripe' if any is the lack of Sirius in a factory fitment for OEM Honda stuff. I like OE apperaance and integration - but don't want XM in the RTS or the Civic :(

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
5S Dude said:
We think this unit will do very well in the younger tuner market.
Really bold statement on your part. Sure you wanna go out on that limb.:p

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
ssg said:
2006 Civic EX Coupe ~1700 miles so far...mpg: 75% backroads and 15% highway (5% morning warmups :D) observing 37-38mpg. That number is fine with me, I predict 40's once out of break-in. I am also amazed how well that Galaxy Grey matches my Amazon Green :)
75+15+5=95. Where's the other 5%? :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts