Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting e-mail and snail mail from the new owner of my dealership. Wants me to trade my '13 RTL for a 2016 Pilot with $16,700 difference or $377 per month for 48 months plus applicable fees and taxes. They must be trying to run me off as a customer. I responded to their internet sales guy and virtually told them they were nuts. The internet sales guy wrote back and disavowed any knowledge of the offer. LOL

Reactions: zroger73

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
Getting e-mail and snail mail from the new owner of my dealership. Wants me to trade my '13 RTL for a 2016 Pilot with $16,700 difference or $377 per month for 48 months plus applicable fees and taxes. They must be trying to run me off as a customer. I responded to their internet sales guy and virtually told them they were nuts. The internet sales guy wrote back and disavowed any knowledge of the offer. LOL
If you don't need an open bed and the Pilot is an Elite and not an LX, then it's an awesome deal!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Why would the owner of a Ridgeline want to buy a Pilot.
I mean they could but with a new long awaited redesign Ridgeline do in dealerships (soon) I would be trying to lineup my Next Gen Ridgeline potential buyers from current owners.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A lot of dealers hire outside marketing firms, and they give them ALL of your personal info. Don't be surprised if they start calling you.

Last time this happened to me they were using the name of my favorite sales rep at the dealer. I called him within 10 seconds of getting the call (which was followed up by an email). He said he had no idea that they were doing it. Which was a little bit of a white lie but I gave the benefit of the doubt. I told him to get me off the list or I would never be back.

I also recommend that if the Honda dealer service department has your contact info and you dont want to be sucked in by sales calls then you need to have them remove your phone number from the computer. Only write it on the service ticket for them to call you with news on the service only.

They stopped calling. Now we just get direct mail pieces...at least 3-4 per week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts