Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Honda had better become VERY serious about the Ridgeline as a light truck, or they're going to get squeezed out of the market.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I hate to admit it, but that's a sharp looking truck.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
And since they are targeting the wrangler with the bronco, they both sound quite capable...

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Personal taste being what it is, mine rejects what OEMs seem to be doing in attempt to eliminate (or limit) aftermarket accessories.

The premise of the Ranger is very cool. A diesel is great. The size seems about right. And I bet the truckiness of the Ranger will appeal to many buyers who are deeply disappointed in the Gen2 RL.

But why, OH WHY, do OEMs insist on making top trim level offerings look like an accessory store puked all over an unsuspecting vehicle that happened to be in the parking lot?

For example. I thought the sail panel between rear cab wall and bed was deemed weird? I know the thing seen in the Ranger is a tough looking roll over bar or some such stupid thing, perhaps it serves a function other than looks - like additional cargo tie points but this accessory looks especially weird on the Ranger.

The side steps. I can see the practicality of side steps on a lifted semi-monster truck where a comfortable cab entry is assisted, but on a mid sized truck these seem to be an accessory for the sake of an accessory. Just look at the plane of the step in relation to axle height. I suppose they make a nice platform to stand on when accessing the roof rails.

Speaking of roof rails.... curved? Perhaps there's extra parts to create a flat structure on which to actually carry something - but then... there's extra stuff to carry taking up otherwise useful storage space, which would be DUMB.

The thing on the fender, right in front of front doors. Functionally useless and, IMO fugly. Why would additional badging be needed when the doors and rear fenders are already festooned with badges? It's there because a designer thought it looked cool.

Ranger.jpg

Just my opinion, but I think that Ranger would be a much more attractive truck all the way around without those seemingly worthless additions.

The wheels are hideous too. >:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
2011 Ranger T6

Wow! So Ford is going to sell the 2011 Ranger T6 in the USA and Canada.
Ford has dug it's feet in the ground since 2009 stating over and over that Ranger has no purpose in North American market. F150 fills every need a truck buyer could think of.

Will Ford rebadge the Everest and sell it as Bronco?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Wow! So Ford is going to sell the 2011 Ranger T6 in the USA and Canada.
Ford has dug it's feet in the ground since 2009 stating over and over that Ranger has no purpose in North American market. F150 fills every need a truck buyer could think of.

Will Ford rebadge the Everest and sell it as Bronco?
Not a bad looking truck.

It will be interesting to see what the new Bronco looks like.
Hopefully, the new Bronco will remain true to its roots!

Although I have no plans to purchase another vehicle for my driveway, something like this would definitely increase lust for a cool addition to rolling stock.

Bronco.jpg
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/46-other-cars-trucks-bikes/127785-if-ford-ressurects-bronco.html

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I'm thinking if they reintroduce the Bronco, they'll drop the Edge and/or Flex. Too much overlap, and sales of those two aren't huge.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I'm thinking if they reintroduce the Bronco, they'll drop the Edge and/or Flex. Too much overlap, and sales of those two aren't huge.

Chip H.
Maybe they'll kill one of those 4 door SUVs and produce a 2 & 4 door Bronco.

That would be crazy - like Dodge making a 4 door Charger. PFFFT!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The thing on the fender, right in front of front doors.
You mean the front fender handle? You might not like it but without it, how would you open the fender?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Don't get me started on FCA getting their 2-door and 4-door models confused...

The Bronco (original and II) was always a 2-door (from what I remember). We'll see if Ford can commit to that, in an age of family-friendly CUVs.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
You mean the front fender handle? You might not like it but without it, how would you open the fender?
Good point. Huge oversight on my part. I just read Ford's service tip about the advent of removable fenders. What a great innovation. Remove 2 bolts, grab the fender handle with one hand, wheel lip with the other and BINGO.

Both fenders pop right off - making access to muffler zerks and wheel bearing filters super easy. Honda needs to catch up with that level of serviceability.

Still, they could have made fender handles a little less obvious. Look at the size of them on the F-250!

F-250 Fender Handle.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, damn. My wife had it down to a 16/17 Forester or a RL G2 for her next new car to be purchased late July/Aug. I would be buying a new vehicle in 2019.

If she bought a Subie, I was buying a truck (likely an extra cab f150 with 2.7L) If she bought the RL, I'd likely buy a small commuter car. Now, I think I might convince her to go the proven Subie route and I'll be buying a Diesel Ranger...unless the RL is "improved" by 2019 MY. I say "improved" in the sense that it would check more boxes on my wants/needs list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts