Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
All in all, I like it too. My only pet peeve is that we still lack a decent search facility. Search is an add-on module with XenForo, the software behind the new forum design. But we've been promised that we will get it at some point.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All in all, I like it too. My only pet peeve is that we still lack a decent search facility. Search is an add-on module with XenForo, the software behind the new forum design. But we've been promised that we will get it at some point.
Ah, realized that I haven't had to "search" anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
What I like best about XenForo is that it's fast!

·
Super Moderator
12,337 Posts
One day at a time, we will get there!

- Cricket
A functional and effective search tool can't come soon enough and the lack thereof is very frustrating - particularly for someone who volunteers their time trying to keep threads organized and pointing members to the information they are seeking.

If I understand correctly, the cost for this add-on appears to be $35.00. If this is accurate, WHY was it not purchased and added months ago?

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
I don't know if this is still true with version 2.0, but for XenForo 1.1, what they called Enhanced Search required a third-party product called Elasticsearch, a product I'm familiar with professionally through my old job. Elastic definitely entails a monthly charge and a subscription service. Elastic is coy about revealing their licensing charges, but it would make more sense for Vertical Scope to license across the board. That may be the hold up.

Caveat: from what we can see without being logged-in XenForo customers (not much), it's possible that what they now call Advanced Search does not require Elastic. Elastic may have been a stopgap. Or perhaps there are two levels of search. Whatever the truth, it's a recent change.

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts

Looks like they are indeed implementing the Advanced Search in weeks.

·
Super Moderator
12,337 Posts
A few months ago, VerticalScope, the owners of RidgelineOwnersClub.com, changed the forum software from VBulletin to XenForo. The forum is the same and all the content is still the same, but the interface is different. This software change resulted in some improvements and some lost features. Some of the lost features have been restored or will be restored in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I'm looking forward to truck info and other detail appearing under our avatars again!

·
Super Moderator
2,807 Posts
Not knowing the year and model RL of each poster is becoming tedious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts