Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi gang,

Here are the SEMA show photos of the fully retractable running boards from the same guy that designed the original bed extender. They fold down when either front or rear door is opened and retract up under the rocker panel when you close the door. They were mounted in the same place the O.E.M. side steps and running boards mount. These examples were very sanitary and completely coated in black powder-coat with either cad plated or stainless hardware. Very sweet!!:p

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Ingenious! Now if they would roll out a red carpet.... :D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DLRidgeline said:
Those are pretty cool!

Who is the guy that designed the original bed extender and these running boards?

Thanks
The guy’s name is Horst Leitner. You can checkout his inventions at www.amp-research.com He has been around the dirt bike community for as long as I can remember and is responsible for many innovative ideas still sought after today. :p

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Great find 5S Dude!

A few months ago I contacted a company that makes these (don't recall the name) and they said they wouldn't be making them for the Ridge. I'm very interested in a set of these for those rare occasions when a passenger might need them. I'd likely disable the switch on the driver's door. Thanks for the photos!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you go to the their web site they have a little movie of the unit in action. It was very well done. You can't even tell its there when it's fully retracted.:) :p :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
5S Dude said:
If you go to the their web site they have a little movie of the unit in action. It was very well done. You can't even tell its there when it's fully retracted.:) :p :)

I did and it just made me want them even more!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow. Good find and I've already emailed them begging for a set:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
bonerep,

have you any information from AMP Research on the retractable running boards.

·
Registered
774 Posts
As of yet I haven't recieved a reply.

·
Registered
288 Posts
See the price difference between american model vechicles vs. japanese model vechicles...:eek: W.T._. same product but a $3-400. difference...
I want this but with the difference in price who knows...

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Very cool!

If they are not gonna make them for the Ridge, why the heck show them on a Ridge?!?

Yep, when you find out you can't have something that you want.... you want it even more!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
The company who said they weren't planning a Ridge model and the company whose product is in the photo may not be one and the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts