Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Some people over at the MDX site have been using the Goodyear Fortera for a couple of years. Seem to get very good reviews.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We've used Goodyear for the last couple of decades. We were disappointed that our truck came with Michelins. I was ready to change, but our Goodyear dealer had a better plan. We're going to buy one of these Silent Armor tires for our spare and then wear out our Michelins. Then we'll buy three more Goodyears and keep the best Michelin for our spare.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I've never been impressed with Goodyear tires. The ones that came on my F150 were junk and wore out quickly. I replaced them with Michelins (in fact, they were LTX M/S just like on the RL) and were great. When they wore out, over 50k miles later, I replaced them with Coopers because of cost and I knew I was wanting an RL soon. They were junk...Lots of road noise and vibration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
swampler said:
I've never been impressed with Goodyear tires. The ones that came on my F150 were junk and wore out quickly. I replaced them with Michelins (in fact, they were LTX M/S just like on the RL) and were great. When they wore out, over 50k miles later, I replaced them with Coopers because of cost and I knew I was wanting an RL soon. They were junk...Lots of road noise and vibration.
I'll second that comment by Swampler. I had the same problem with the Coopers on my F-150. I too bought them for the cost savings and I also bought the BS that came with it. When I took my Ford to the dealer because of vibrations at highway speeds, he told me flat out it was the tires. I didn't believe him then since they were less than a year old. A second opinion changed my mind. Won't be fooled again!
I've had excellent experiences in the past with Michelins and I was pleased to see them on the RL.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The stock Goodyear Wrangler tires that came on my 2002 Tahoe Z71 served me very well for the 65,000 miles I had on the truck when I sold it to get my RL. I estimate there was probably still another 5,000 miles left in them at the time of sale.

With service like that from a truck tire, I would buy them again in a minute.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Michelins have always given me at least 50k trouble-free miles of service per set. :D BFG's are good for a tighter budget. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a quite a few vehicles and I run either Michelins (all my road trucks) and Yokahama on the off road trucks and Jeeps. The Michelins last us for about 50000.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonder what the price difference is between the Goodyear and Mich's for our Ridge's? Anyone know?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had Goodyear Wranglers (I think they were Wranglers) on the last two Tacomas I had. The first set went to 60k and still had plenty left when I sold the truck. The second set made 30k and looked like new. The only problem I had with them was that they seemed to pick up a lot of road debris and 3 out of four had plugs in them from nails. One ws replaced that a bold go through it. Other than that, they were great tires.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
These Goodyears do look interesting. I had some very bad experiences with Goodyear many years ago. It was so long that they deserve a second chance now. I did replace the stock tires (Uniroyal??) that came on my Blazer with Michelin CrossTerrain SUV tires because I have always had excellent performance from Michelin tires. That Blazer became an entirely different vehicle with the Michelins all around. The ride was MUCH better. The handling was MUCH better, and much quieter. The winter snow performance was very good, considering that they are all season tires and not as aggressive as the ones that we have now. It felt like I had traded up several classes of vehicle simply by upgrading the tires. ML-500 comes to mind, but nearly as good as the Ridgeline of course! It was amazing how much difference they made. I considered keeping the Michelins that came with the Ridgeline on the stock rims for winter use and getting the CrossTerrain SUV tires for the Chrome wheels for summer use. I was not sure about the weight limits and towing issues (I did not take the time to do any research) so I just traded the rims with the dealer and kept the original tires.

www.Tirerack.com has great information, specs, comparisons and customer reviews of tires. I have purchased from them in the past and will purchase from them again with confidence. I did, however, order and purchase the CrossTerrain SUV tires from Sams Club (Wal Mart price club warehouse type store if you do not have one locally) because they substantially beat everyone elses price and delivery. They also installed them and offer a great road hazzard guarantee. The installation was free because they missed their 1-hour installation guarantee by 25 minutes. Saved an additional $36.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts