Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trolling this forum for over a year now and actually signed up over a year ago but forgot I had signed up so all the time I've been reading I never posted. I was finally starting to feel left out of the conversation and wanted to put my $.02 in here and there.

A little about me...

I'm a car guy (and former motorcycle guy). I love cars, trucks, driving and modding. I've modded every vehicle I've ever owned, some more extensively than others but overall nothing crazy. I've owned a Subaru Legacy, VW R32, Nissan Frontier, Mazdaspeed Miata, and Acura TSX. I still have the Miata and TSX. The Nissan Frontier, while overall was a good truck for the 8 years I owned it, left a bad taste in my mouth from a transmission failure at only 78,xxx miles. I sold it about a year ago and have been waiting for the 2nd gen Ridgeline as a possible replacement. I thought about buying a 1st gen a while back but when I heard the 2nd gen was in the works I decided to wait. So far I like what I see. It's exactly the truck I need which is 90% people hauler and 10% truck. I'm looking forward to following the 2nd gen Ridgeline over the next few months as it rolls out to showroom floors and we start seeing some professional reviews. I just hope it lives up to the hype. I'm concerned mostly about quality as I've heard that Honda quality isn't what it used to be but it'll take some time until we know that.

Anyway, looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Ben

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club
Great introduction post the 90% people hauler 10% truck is what some don't get. Everybody is not looking for the same old thing. From what I see many are using their Full Size and Mid Sized trucks like you describe. Or they use their pickup truck the same as a passenger car running errands or as a daily commuter vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Nice Intro Post. My truck probably has less than 500 miles as a tow vehicle and under 1000 with a "full" load in the bed, of 83k+ miles since 2005. So less than 0.5% and less than 1% for each. And of the remaining miles I'd guess less than 10k with more than just me in the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, pull up a seat, we're all swapping RL G2 information and rumors while waiting to see the truck in person. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts