Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all!! ive been cruisin these forums for a while but never actually signed up until now. im looking to buy a ridgeline in the next 2 months and i need to know what price range to look for. im looking at a few. 2 have 200K-km 1 has 250K -km and the last has 326K -km the last being the LEaset expensive but they all have perks and cons. they all reach the 7000-10000$ CAD range. Now i assume this is average but im looking for a great deal and wanna know where to look and what too look for to make sure i dont get jipped. ive already looked on the "check list" and found it wasnt very specific and i do not have time or energy to look though EVERY random point people make and figure out which are vital and which are preferred.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,050 Posts
Howdy y'all!! ive been cruisin these forums for a while but never actually signed up until now. im looking to buy a ridgeline in the next 2 months and i need to know what price range to look for. im looking at a few. 2 have 200K-km 1 has 250K -km and the last has 326K -km the last being the LEaset expensive but they all have perks and cons. they all reach the 7000-10000$ CAD range. Now i assume this is average but im looking for a great deal and wanna know where to look and what too look for to make sure i dont get jipped. ive already looked on the "check list" and found it wasnt very specific and i do not have time or energy to look though EVERY random point people make and figure out which are vital and which are preferred.
My questions are: 1. Which model are the ones you're looking at? In Canada, I think the RT is a VP, the RTS is an LX and the RTL is an EX? 2. What year are each of them? 3. Is there any service history with them? That is THE most important factor.

Some pointers can be given once those details are known.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
While RLs (as most Hondas) will go a LONG time (400K km easy), my preference will always be for an older, well maintained vehicle with lower miles (kms) before a newer one with lots of miles.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
While RLs (as most Hondas) will go a LONG time (400K km easy), my preference will always be for an older, well maintained vehicle with lower miles (kms) before a newer one with lots of miles.
On the contrary, higher mileage newer vehicles are typically driven quite a bit on the highway to achieve such miles. Whereas it is true that you don't know how well they were treated in those miles, buying a pre-owned vehicle always carries some risk. My 07 RTL was just shy of three years old when I bought it with 75k miles on it. At over 25k miles a year, the original owner was retired and took it on many hunting and fishing trips through Florida, Georgia and all over the south. He wasn't married and never had children, so he would simply drive around just so he could get to the next service interval (so he would have something to do). The truck was well maintained and I was able to find out the extremely good service history of it. If the service history is totally unknown on a higher-mileage vehicle, that's when I would worry.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
On the contrary, higher mileage newer vehicles are typically driven quite a bit on the highway to achieve such miles. Whereas it is true that you don't know how well they were treated in those miles, buying a pre-owned vehicle always carries some risk. My 07 RTL was just shy of three years old when I bought it with 75k miles on it. At over 25k miles a year, the original owner was retired and took it on many hunting and fishing trips through Florida, Georgia and all over the south. He wasn't married and never had children, so he would simply drive around just so he could get to the next service interval (so he would have something to do). The truck was well maintained and I was able to find out the extremely good service history of it. If the service history is totally unknown on a higher-mileage vehicle, that's when I would worry.
Yeah I guess I should have defined "high mileage" and "low mileage". I consider your 75K purchase a low mileage vehicle. When I say "high mileage newer vehicle" I'm talking over 150K miles. And for me I'd rather the older truck with 50K miles vs. the newer one with say 200K. That's just my preference, for a lot of reasons. Again, this presumes the older truck is in good condition and had been well maintained.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
Yeah I guess I should have defined "high mileage" and "low mileage". I consider your 75K purchase a low mileage vehicle. When I say "high mileage newer vehicle" I'm talking over 150K miles. And for me I'd rather the older truck with 50K miles vs. the newer one with say 200K. That's just my preference, for a lot of reasons. Again, this presumes the older truck is in good condition and had been well maintained.
Oh, in that case, I'm with you. 200k, no matter how well it was maintained, is quite a bit of miles for any vehicle. With the RL, there's likely a good bit of service life left, but an 06 with 50k miles would be tempting. As long as it was driven regularly and maintained well, I would have no problems doing that, either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I my self just picked up an 06 RT with 85000 miles on it I paid 12500.had been very well maintained very clean splash guards running boards and tow package.all work had been done by honda dealer and only one owner.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you're like a friend of mine that trades off every 40k miles he doesn't even bother with oil changes at all.
Just wanted to throw this out there.Sometime low mileage could be deceiving.Also in Canada we have no lemon law as were a car that was taken back by a dealer is classified as a lemon.It would just go back on the lot and sold as a low mileage car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts