Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a proud owner of a Black '06 Ridge since last October 2015.

I have been lurking on this forum, reading all the posts I've thought useful for a while and finally decided to join. I live in Imperial Valley on South California (on the south of the south)

I will try to post pictures of my car later but first let me tell you about my next project for the car.

I want to replace the Head unit, which looks like this:

http://images.hgmsites.net/lrg/2010-honda-ridgeline-4wd-crew-cab-rtl-w-navi-instrument-panel_100252282_l.jpg

with this aftermarket unit Pioneer AVH-4100NEX :
Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-4100NEX In-Dash Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display: Car Electronics

Mainly I want to be able to use Android Auto along with my Samsung S5 on my car's screen. I will open a topic on this later, but just wanted you guys to know, in case you could provide me with some advice.

Nice to meet you,

Noms.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!

I just replaced my head unit with a Kenwood. I looked at the Android auto models but it didn't look to be my thing as I don't use my phone for music much other than Pandora and my unit has Pandora control.

The new unit blew 3 speakers right off the bat (I'm sure they are original and ready to go anyway). I just ordered replacements.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Always interested in New Car Audio Installs and I don't recall many using the newer "Android Auto" although there are several with Pioneer HU's.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride

1 - 5 of 5 Posts