Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
This process is already well underway here in Oregon, with several dams being removed recently to help save salmon and sturgeon populations, which is not a totally bad reason...............

Bill
Agreed, but it won't happen everywhere. Can you even imagine what it would take to remove the Hoover Dam, for example, even if there was a valid reason to do so?

I hope that solar power generation continues to develop, and that other types are developed. Hopefully, toxic by-products from these generation sources will also be reduced. We have a long way to go, but progress continues! Solar roadways are a real thing, and if I had consumed more coffee this morning, I could cite other examples. ?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The main story is, there is no viable way available today to mass produce electricity without doing harm. Until we have an infrastructure to produce this massive amount of electricity in place, without doing such harm, all of this talk of forcing electric vehicles upon us needs to be put on to the back burner...................

Bill

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
...Or solar panels which will take up food producing land...
Nope, not nearly as much land as you might think. New commercial buildings with solar aspect roof coverings that generate electricity, parking lot overhead structures with panels that charge EVs on sunny days, replacement residential roof shingles with photovoltaic cells, solar power stations on non-arable land, etc. Smart transmission infrastructure is needed, but American ingenuity can do amazing things if we commit to renewable energy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts