Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Been browsing these forums for the last 2 weeks since i got my RTS and decided to finally register :grin:

Thanks to many of you i was able to replace my head unit with an XAV-AX100 (sony w/ carplay) and also install a new amp to power the factory sub using these instructions:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...g-stock-sub-new-radio-hu-boss-ce200m-amp.html

In terms of the backup signal wire though.. I am running into issues..

Ive been searching these forums for the location of the backup wire for my 2012 ridgeline rts but i cannot seem to find it. I swear ive looked at every backup wire post here and tried tapping any mint green or solid green wires i could find under the dash by the kick panel. The 2 green wires I did tap basically locked the HU in reverse mode and I couldnt get out of it. Didnt even matter if I was in reverse or not. Im sure its an easy solution but i cannot find any pictures of where this wire resides on a 2012. It looks different from the 2006/7/9/13 installs i have seen here.

If anyone could provide some assistance I would be really grateful! Thank you!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
This may be the information you need.

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone needing to tap into the reverse circuit, for a positive 12 volt feed when the ridge is in reverse, for an aftermarket stereo install with backup camera.

The wire to tap is solid green with a factory splice installed, and is located under the drivers side kick panel, in the bundle of wires in there. Just take off the electrical tape and find the solid green wire with the factory splice in it, there is only one. This wire supplies a positive 12 volt signal when the vehicle is in reverse, and 0 volts when in other gears.
This is the post, http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...-reverse-wire-aftermarket-stereo-install.html

Reactions: E30TECH
1 - 3 of 3 Posts