Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First let me say thanks for having such an informative site! Found lots of good information, including an article on how the VTM system works (it does more than I thought!)

I bought a used 07 Ridgeline about a year ago and still love it!

I figure my first post would belong in this section, as I'm about to purchase a fat bob's lift kit and 265/65/17 Nitto terra grapplers. To this point, the truck has been completely stock but since the OEM tires are about worn, my birthday gift to myself is going to be the lift and tire combo. I'm keeping the stock rims for now, the truck came with the chrome-look covers. Can't drop that much dough and get new rims right now as I do have a 3-week old kid. They are expensive... on to my question:

To those who run a slightly taller tire than stock (265/65), will your spare tire still function if needed temporarily? Or since it will be shorter than the other tires, is it safe to use at all and a new taller spare tire is needed?

I'm thinking the current spare would still function enough to get me to a service station in the event of a flat, but wanted to get the thoughts of the more knowledgable members out there.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
I am not sure if it will fit, but I'm sure someone here will tune it with the answer. However, you should at least keep the best of your 4 OEM tires and use that one as a spare if the diameter works. You just need to find yourself a cheap RT rim to put on it.

Welcome to the ROC:act035:

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Welcome to the club...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome to ROC. Use search to access lots of threads on tires and lifts. Happy B-day and congrats on the new baby. :act035:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts