Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow members! I’ve been visiting the ROC ever since I found it while searching for anything and everything about the Ridgeline and I’m glad I decided to join. There’s tons of information to sift through and I know that if I have any questions about RLs, or Honda in general…I can find it here.

My wife and I own a 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe and we love the little thing. This was our first Honda experience and there hasn’t been anything bad about it. We haven’t had any problems with it except for some extremely minor damage it received last month during a hail storm. It all happened after a trip from Home Depot, which took longer than expected because I couldn’t decide on what tool to buy. So the hail damage was my fault of course :mad:

I don’t recall the first time I heard about the RL but I do remember seeing it on the 12th of February…the day we closed on our house. It was a Black RL but I couldn’t tell what trim model it had. I just knew that I had to have one! Anyhow, my 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer needed to be replaced and we decided to search for something new. To make a long story short, we bought a Black RL on the 18th of June! It’s a bare-bones RTS but someday I hope to add some accessories like running boards, front and side deflectors, bed cover, bed extender and towing package. Now, if I could only win the lotto…. So far I’ve only seen three other RLs on the roads in Bellevue, Nebraska (Red, Black & Silver) but my wife and I are keeping our eyes peeled :)

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts and hopefully I can contribute to the ROC somehow, sometime. Anyhow, it's getting late and I need to recharge my batteries so here are a couple of photos (hope they're attached) of my new ride…enjoy!

-SixOpRidge

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
Congratulations SixOpRidge! I am sure you will enjoy the ride!! She's a beauty!!
Welcome to the Roc family!! We're glad you're here!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Ya caught the fever, huh? Isn't it fun? We look forward to hearing more from you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey there! I own a black one too and...I'm originally from Bellevue via Offutt AFB while my father was in the Air Force. (1972-1992) Anyways...congrats and enjoy your new truck. I went back home a couple of years ago, damn that place has grown. I attended Mission and Bellevue West while stationed out there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for welcoming me to the clan! I too think she's a beaut and love driving her around and around and around...

Got a little excited last night when I joined that I had to let my wife read my post. As she was reading it she said, "yeah right!" and I knew what she was referring to...the accessories (I'm the one who likes to spend the money...she likes to save it!). It's gonna take awhile to break her down...but It's a job I'm willing to tackle! I wonder what she'll get me for my birthday next month?...hmmmmm.

We've been at Offutt AFB for 4 years now and this is our second time stationed here (1994-97, 2001-present). The weather can be a little rough during the winter months but we deal with it. CaliforniaRidge...you're right about Bellevue, it's really grown over the years and continues to grow! There's even a new mall in the works on Hwy 370 & 72nd St to be called Shadow Lake. Again...the area is really growing. Any other members out there from Nebraska?

Thanks again everyone! I've gotta get ready for work (need the money for accessories) so I'll read & post later!!

-SixOpRidge

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
My first day with my Ridgeline

I had to work the Dodger game right after I took delivery of my Ridgeline. I had not activated any of the tracking features and was on pins and needles the whole game. Once i got back to the parking lot My new toy was still there and in mint condition.

You have heard about the freeway shootings in California? Well, on the way home, I spotted a vehicle pacing me for about half a mile after I saw it. I'm a civil servant and I prepared myself for the worst! As the vehicle started to pull up to my right side, I looked back and to the rear. To my relief I saw that the person pacing me was another Ridgeline owner and they were checking out my truck! I was glad that was all it was!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, and thank you for your service.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the club. We all look forward to your future contributions to this most excellent online comminuty. Congratulations on your new truck.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome on board, you can enjoy the ride of your truck and enjoy the crazy company you get here. Yes some of us are a little nutty about the truck. I am sure you can whittle your wife down to let you get a few things if you just show how much utility you will get from them. Just don't ask for the fender flares and the stuff to make it look cool for a while ;).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts