Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All. New member here. I just bought a 2013 RL Sport Black over the weekend. Has 30k miles on it. Love it so far. I have been looking for one for awhile and reading allot of posts and threads about everything. I see the biggest con is gas mileage. But coming from an old ford explorer this seems to get a lil better on it. One thing I did notice when I filled up for the first time that gas range indicator said 250 on it. Is that normal?
I will be active on this forum so thank you to everyone who helps everyone out in advance.
Have a good week everyone.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Welcome to the club. Nice looking RL. The 250 is probably reflective of the type of driving done recently with your RL, as the onboard computer averages fuel predictions based on past use. I average 18mpg and often fill up after about 350 miles.
Check out fuelly....

Honda Ridgeline MPG - Actual MPG from 758 Honda Ridgeline owners

· Premium Member
2018 RTL-E White/Tan
2,328 Posts
Others can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will erase a lot of data the truck learned from the previous owner and it will learn your driving habits.

Congrats and welcome to the ROC!

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,891 Posts
Welcome to the ROC,

With a Picture no less, No that seems a little low, but in '06 we didn't have the trip computer. I agree with Bob, you may clear a plethora of previous owner information by pulling the negative battery cable. Be sure you have the Radio code and you may also want to look up the "Idle Learn Process" which will allow you to get it to "learn" how you drive...

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All. I love this forum it has everything here. The range indicator that I first asked about is good also. You guys were correct. It has to learn the new drivers habits. My mileage on my first tank, Ive traveled 310 miles. Still quarter tank left and the range says 65. So I'm happy about that.:grin:

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.