Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone from Tucson, Arizona. Bought a RTL Sunroof yesterday at Chapman Honda in Tucson. Was very please with the 'feel' of the dealership. Very low key, helpful sales staff. I also believe I got a good deal. Interestingly, I tried to deal on an RTS, but they didn't have any in stock. First sentence out of my mouth was, "I want a white one." Well, they didn't have any white ones and the models they had were RTLs with, and without, navigation. They had five RTL-SRs, and all were silver. So, they were motivated to sell and I was happy to buy.

I had mixed emotions while testing this vehicle. I could not get over how sophisticated and refined these things are. The longer I drove it, the more I got pissed off at FOMOCO, et. al for the crappy job they've done for the past twenty years. This Ridgeline is generations ahead of where the domestics are. I know because I tried to buy an F-150 two weeks ago. I did not like the ride of the vehicle and the stupid, stupid, stupid 'family pricing' nonsense brought the truck in at a very high price. Oh, well, it all worked out for the best.

As I was driving the Ridge, I was reminded of my Father-in-law's seven series Beemer. The ridge really felt that glued to the road.

I really thought I was going to get a pilot, but am pleased that I remained open minded to the Ridgeline.

Anywho, hi to everyone and I am looking forward to this site enhancing my Ridgeline ownership experience.

Dave

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Welcome Desert Ridge from northern AZ! Congrats on your new RL!

Check out the Meet/Greet posts. We are planning an AZ meet for RL/ROC owners in Sedona on Sunday, August 21st. It would be great to have you there! There are also two other RL owners I know of from the Tucson area that are ROC members.

Hope you consider making a nice little road trip and join us!!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Desert Ridge, Welcome to the ROC. You'll find some really informative reading here from some very nice people. It sounds like Honda has painted more than half of these new trucks Billet Silver which is the most popular color here on the west coast. Happy Ridgelining.
:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't get too upset at FOMOCO. They have their embedded base of truck buyers that actually they are a slave to. How long did they have the I-Beam front suspension that was really a dufus way of suspending the front wheels, even in a heavy-duty hauler. Anyway, you made a great choice and this owner's club is one of the best. Congrats!

L

·
0 Posts
Congratulations Desert Ridge and welcome to the ROC family.
We're glad you're here. Enjoy the ride!!
Oh..and by the way...............
NICE COLOR!! Don't forget to vote. Search for color my world and enter
SILVER!!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard Desert Ridge!

They had five RTL-SRs, and all were silver. So, they were motivated to sell and I was happy to buy.
Sounds like a Win-Win situation to me. Congratulations!

I had mixed emotions while testing this vehicle. I could not get over how sophisticated and refined these things are. The longer I drove it, the more I got pissed off at FOMOCO, et. al for the crappy job they've done for the past twenty years. This Ridgeline is generations ahead of where the domestics are. I know because I tried to buy an F-150 two weeks ago. I did not like the ride of the vehicle and the stupid, stupid, stupid 'family pricing' nonsense brought the truck in at a very high price. Oh, well, it all worked out for the best.

As I was driving the Ridge, I was reminded of my Father-in-law's seven series Beemer. The ridge really felt that glued to the road.

I really thought I was going to get a pilot, but am pleased that I remained open minded to the Ridgeline.

Anywho, hi to everyone and I am looking forward to this site enhancing my Ridgeline ownership experience.
Very similar purchase experience here. We were literally walking into the dealerships showroom to buy a Pilot when I paused to peek at the Ridgeline parked out front. The salesperson tossed me the keys even though he knew that he had a sale for the Pilot. One quarter mile later I changed my mind. I test drove the Pilot again just to be certain. We ordered the Ridgeline instead and had to wait six weeks. Good things come to thee who wait.

I am also very disappointed with domestic auto makers. Honda cleaned their clock with the Ridgeline. By the time that they catch up the next generation of Ridgelines will be out and they still will be behind. I traded a Chevy blazer because at 60K miles it was starting to fall apart. My last ford, and I mean that quite literally, was a fully loaded Eddie Bauer Explorer. It was well maintained by the book, garage kept, washed and waxed twice a year, only very light duty towing a few times (it had the factory HD towing package), low miles, no off roading, and was driven reasonably. It was the worst piece of $hi# that I have ever owned. Transmission failure, head gasket failure, every piece of the AC system one at a time, a second head gasket failure, multiple body rust-through both in and out of warranty, the interior fell apart, and the transmission was starting to make the same noises when I practically gave it away to an employee that was also a mechanic and could do body work. Four out of five Explorers or Rangers in our neighborhood that had the "A4LD" transmission failed. All of the Explorers had the same body rot that has not been seen since the early 70s. When I contacted Ford about the transmission and head gasket failures that are so common on their vehicles they completely blew me off. It seemed like I was being told to get in line and 'go to Helen Waite' (different spelling though!). That is why I will never buy another Ford product. That fiasco has cost me a lot of repair bills but it cost Ford a lot more in lost sales that went to their competition. Everyone that I know that is in the market for a vehicle will hear that story from me.
Sorry about the rant. Your comment about FOMOCO struck a nerve with me and brought back memories much like bad seafood at a Mexican restaurant can do. (Had that happen too and a certain part of my anatomy has never been the same!) :eek:
Once again, welcome aboard! I am sure that you will be enjoying your Ridgeline and I am sure that the ROC will enhance you experience beyond your expectations.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
:) Welcome. I hope that you will enjoy your Ridgeline as much I have been enjoyng mine.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's nice to have you on the ROC site! Please tell us stories about your adventures with your new truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts