Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member to this group.
Wife and I just started shopping for a Ridgeline here in San Francisco.
We like the idea of a Silver RTS, we're trying to nail down how much we want to offer the Dealer.

Given the stuff I've read here, I think i'll try an offer of around 28,000 for an RTS. If i can hit 28 I'll be fairly happy.

Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello Painter1, and welcome.
In regards to pricing, you will find depending on the area of the country and the dealer, our members have stated purchases of anywhere from $500 over invoice to much over msrp. Availability plays a part, and what your particular market has shown it is willing to pay.
Patience and knowledge are your best tools.
Good luck

L

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the "ROC". I agree with Jules. But be sure you are positive you do not want the RTL. I started out in September of last year when I first laid eyes on the Ridgeline wanting an RTS. WE had the colors, etc. all planned down to the last detail. THEN the RTL hit the floor loaded with running boards, roof rack, rear splash guards, trailer hitch and fog lights. I looked at the RTL, looked at the RTS, ( I already drove the RTS ) and decided to drive the RTL to see my better half at his office. His office is 15 miles from mine. In that short time, playing with "Ivan" as I lovingly call my Navigation SYstem, I was hooked. He is a commercial real estate apparaiser and we decided since he knew every road in the country a Nav was not necessary. HE FELL IN LOVE WITH IT TOO!!!
Just be sure. You can't go back and get the RTL features installed without paying big $$$$ and factory installed is better than dealer installed by far.
IMHO!! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the thoughts on my question.

I plan to have a stack of papers supporting the price I want to pay, invoice prices, pricing from other dealers and so forth....I'll know more about the truck than the dealer will.

Sa far as RTS vs RTL ... it's mostly about money, I don't think we can afford RTL unless they are willing to give us a really really good deal on it.

The NAV system does sound like fun, but I know how to read a map, so saving $2000 or more makes some sence to me.

Thanks again for your input.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I am a map freak. I have stacks of them. I am the chief navigator and recreation planner for my family. I had been interested in a portable GPS, but hadn't done the research I needed to feel comfortable about making a good consumer decision.

We went to breakfast one day and my hubby mentioned that he'd seen a commercial for the RL and that he was intrigued. We happened to be across the street from the dealer so I told him to drive over and take a look. We were NOT in the market to buy a new vehicle.

We test drove an RTL that day w/o NAV. A week later we went to another dealer to see the blue color and see the NAV system I'd been reading about on various websites. It was simply too fun to resist.

The other benefit (admittedly at greater expense) was the ability to add the back up camera. Remember when you take your truck out for a test drive to find a place to back into. You need to see if you can live with the different view that the Ridge gives you when you look over your shoulder. The rear seat headrests make it worse.

I know that people have to follow their budget constraints, but if there is anyway you can swing the NAV and you're at all inclined to check it out, think about adding it on to your dream truck.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Any RL is a good choice.

I went with the RTS mostly because I didn't want the leather. I would have loved the NAV but it wasn't an option. The one thing that would have been nice is having the back-up camera, oh-well.

I paid Invoice + Destination for my RTS then added $1300 in accessories (Fog Lights/Installed, Running Boards, Roof Rack).

·
Registered
112 Posts
painter1 said:
We like the idea of a Silver RTS, we're trying to nail down how much we want to offer the Dealer.

Given the stuff I've read here, I think i'll try an offer of around 28,000 for an RTS. If i can hit 28 I'll be fairly happy.

Any thoughts anyone?
Down here in LA you can get an RTS for Invoice plus destination. I paid $27.671 last weekend. If you can't get the deal up there, get on the internet, call some dealers down here, get that price, or a bit better, and fly down here on southwest for $49, and drive back up in your new rig!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Painter,

Call up Brent at Marin Honda, he's one of the Internet sales managers there. He was offering me a great deal on their in stock silver rtl-navi. I found Brent by doing a search for ridgeline in craigslist. I'd imagine he's got similar deals on other in stock RLs. I wanted a specific color combo and still managed to swing a great deal with Larry Hopkins honda, ~500 over invoice on my rtl-navi. PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
~New to this site I have been "sneeking" peeks at it for months...
Love all the comments and invaluable info. I have been gathering as I keep to the pursuit of owning a Ridgeline....
I actually just took my first test drive the other day, Was hopeing there would be some negatives.. (no luck!)
Just a fabulous ride and all the great truck features I want.
I like the RTL w/moonroof (no NAV) the dealer after the test drive in an easy going sort of way said it was 38K I kind of chuckled....
I have backpacked in the most remote of places thru Africa, Asia, and the Mid-East and have "haggled" with the best of them, -even sold my fair share of carpets in Turkey!
~But I "Cringe" at the thought of dealing with a car salesman...
So I will be working toward getting the finances together, (any thoughts out there as to "leasing??")
Thank You to all of the invaluable information that you provide on this site.
I plan to learn as much as I can in the ensuing months..
Schade1

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcom aboard Schade and painter1! There is so much excellent information on this site for you based on the first hand experiences of Ridgeline owners and other prospective owners that spending some time and reading through the various posts will more than pay for your time. It wont take you long to realize that you can ask any question and get quality answers quickly. Enjoy!

·
Registered
858 Posts
...have "haggled" with the best of them, -even sold my fair share of carpets in Turkey!
~But I "Cringe" at the thought of dealing with a car salesman...
If you hate to haggle with a car salesman you might try carbargains.com It costs money but you can save a LOT of money :) ...

http://www.carbargains.com

By using CarBargains, you will:
Make dealers bid for your business,
Be confident that you are getting the best deal,
By-pass hassles and high-pressure sales tactics,
Avoid having to negotiate, and
Have our nonprofit consumer organization with you throughout the purchase process.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Once again I am reminded of how dumb I can be.:eek: I bought my RTL not even knowing they made the RTS. Im glad I have the RTL but I thought it was the only type made. Altho, I didnt have to stress on options because I didnt know there were any !:D haha:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
painter1 said:

Any thoughts anyone?
Bought RTS amz green last week for 27200 with destination/delivery charge-so got it under invoice

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Welcome, LuleWinfield. It's sounds like you got a great deal on your truck. We'd like to hear more about it. Please swing by our Greetings and Introductions thread so more people can give you a proper welcome. This is a very old thread with exception to the recent posts that bumped it back up to the top.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to Edmunds.com and sent out requests for quotes in my local area (Atlanta, GA) for an RTL- no moonroof or navi. The best price, which was the one I bought, was $26,927.00 plus distination ($550.00). I think it was a pretty good deal. The trick is to let the dealers know that you have other offers and they will almost always bid against each other.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
painter1 said:

Any thoughts anyone?
Hi painter1, We just bought our RTS for 30145 out the door here in SoCal around seven months ago so I'm sure there are deals out there by now. Before driving all over town, I would check with a few internet sales managers and fleet sales managers over the net and see what they can do for you. This worked out great for us. Welcome to the family and hope to here from you soon....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts