Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my one of my local dealers to get on the waiting list for an RTL-E in deep scarlet.

The salesperson told me no more deep scarlet were being manufactured.

Anyone else heard this from their dealer?

I put my name on the list for an obsidian blue rtl-e. I was told they may get more rtl-e's in February or March.

·
Registered
322 Posts
DSP is still listed as one of the available colors on the website. I would say your dealer is mistaken.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Welcome to the Boards!

I've not heard anything about that. There are at least 30 of various trims in that color, including some "E"s listed right now on cars.com . Sounds like salesman BS from someone who wants to make a sale, and doesn't have one coming up on allocation.

BTW... Don't hold your breath about snagging one of the "E"s . Typically, they are sold by the time that you call. Anyhow, no indicators that they are cancelling the Scarlet.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I may take a ride out to my Honda dealership in the mourning early they don't open until 12PM.
But I can see from the entrance some of them parked can't see show room.
They show they have 6 now (1) BE (2) RTL AWD (2) RTL-T AWD (1) RTL-E AWD in Deep Scarlet/ Beige but no actual real pictures shown of vehicle and that color on lot like others.
Other nearby dealerships are claiming inventory of numbers like 7,10,14, 21. There are a bunch of Honda dealerships in this area MD/VA suburbs of Washington DC. Dealer in Baltimore suburbs shows 41 Ridgelines with many pictures on dealers lot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
^Dealer web sites and Cars.com are not reliable for the Ridgeline at the moment. Many of the vehicles shown have long been sold, especially E's.

To the OP I have A Deep Scarlet E that I took delivery mid-October. I bought it two weeks before it was delivered. They are still making them. The problem seems to be dealers don't have any control over what they are allocated. If you are set on A DS keep calling around to dealers to see if they have one coming. If they do, buy it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I may take a ride out to my Honda dealership in the mourning early they don't open until 12PM.
But I can see from the entrance some of them parked can't see show room.
They show they have 6 now (1) BE (2) RTL AWD (2) RTL-T AWD (1) RTL-E AWD in Deep Scarlet/ Beige but no actual real pictures shown of vehicle and that color on lot like others.
Other nearby dealerships are claiming inventory of numbers like 7,10,14, 21. There are a bunch of Honda dealerships in this area MD/VA suburbs of Washington DC. Dealer in Baltimore suburbs shows 41 Ridgelines with many pictures on dealers lot.
I'm in your general area. I had to drive to near Pittsburgh to get what I wanted. I wanted an RTL-E (which is the seemingly rare beast) in either the Magnetic Gray, Forest Mist, or Scarlet.

I've found that stock photos on dealer sites mean they don't actually have them yet. Real photos show they *might* have it on stock. Or it might be pre-sold, or might have been sold a while ago and they haven't updated. A local dealer offered to call around and look for what I wanted and try to trade with another dealer. Either they didn't look that hard, or they couldn't/wouldn't trade with Smail because that was exactly the vehicle I had in mind.

I was in Vegas on business and did a web search for Ridgelines around that area (I'd cancel my flight home and drive it back) or up near Seattle where I'd be a few weeks later. Found nothing. But I then stumbled on one in Pittsburgh.

My first question to Smail up near Pittsburgh was "is it in stock on your lot and available for sale?" It's a low VIN, so I suspect that location just doesn't get a lot of sales for this type of vehicle. Up until paying a deposit, which I had to call for, the whole transaction happened over web, text, and email (I was speaking at an event and doing half this from back stage).

FWIW, I can't recommend them enough. So much nicer to deal with than the local dealers.

Pete

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I'm in your general area. I had to drive to near Pittsburgh to get what I wanted. I wanted an RTL-E (which is the seemingly rare beast) in either the Magnetic Gray, Forest Mist, or Scarlet.

I've found that stock photos on dealer sites mean they don't actually have them yet. Real photos show they *might* have it on stock. Or it might be pre-sold, or might have been sold a while ago and they haven't updated. A local dealer offered to call around and look for what I wanted and try to trade with another dealer. Either they didn't look that hard, or they couldn't/wouldn't trade with Smail because that was exactly the vehicle I had in mind.

I was in Vegas on business and did a web search for Ridgelines around that area (I'd cancel my flight home and drive it back) or up near Seattle where I'd be a few weeks later. Found nothing. But I then stumbled on one in Pittsburgh.

My first question to Smail up near Pittsburgh was "is it in stock on your lot and available for sale?" It's a low VIN, so I suspect that location just doesn't get a lot of sales for this type of vehicle. Up until paying a deposit, which I had to call for, the whole transaction happened over web, text, and email (I was speaking at an event and doing half this from back stage).

FWIW, I can't recommend them enough. So much nicer to deal with than the local dealers.

Pete
Deep Scarlet is like G1 Dark Cherry Pearl color 2007 first year on Ridgeline. It replaced Redrock color on 2006.

We got 2007 RTL/Nav model in Feb of 07
my dealership in Silver Spring MD did a vehicle swap with another dealership in Baltimore area. Salesman said vehicle would have 40 extra miles from trip back from up around Baltimore. He said at that time they dealt with 4 other dealerships to do vehicle swaps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the feedback. I think I'll check the other 3 dealers in my area to see what they have to say about deep scarlet.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
Thanks to all for the feedback. I think I'll check the other 3 dealers in my area to see what they have to say about deep scarlet.
It may be worth asking for further detail. Since Honda's manufacturing line is in trickle mode (I think, hence the long wait). Maybe they simply mean, that color is not being run at the moment. I know when I got my Black, the dealer said that was the only buld run and delivery that they were doing at the moment. I didn't look into it too much because I was interested in black, anyway. Just a thought.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would have gone for a DSP, if it hadn't come with a beige interior as the only option.

The Obsidian with grey interior was my next choice and it was the first in the area .... that lasted about 2 days and now I know of at least two others in the area.

I wish that they had gone for a darker green (British racing or Emerald) and I would have considered green

My old G1 was blue and the new G2 is blue ... I guess I'm stuck in the blues

·
Super Moderator
5,340 Posts
View attachment 271705 Total salesman BS. Do a cars.com search. I know of at least two scarlet RTL due at dealer this next week. Scarlet was my color and I love it.
This has always been my favorite Ridgeline color, (DCP), but I had to get the black interior - so I opted for Lunar silver. My wife still misses the DCP Ridgeline I used to own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts