Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just signed up for this forum (not an owner yet, but seriously considering) and I have a few questions that I could not seem to find answers to.

1. The LCD screen, does that come with all models? Or just the RTL with the navigation system? What is its purpose in other models if not used for the navigation system?
2. Second, the bed cover. Is it like the Avalanche cover, designed so it comes off or does it just (trying to think of the right wording) retract?

I was considering buying an Avalanche, but my fiance last night said she was looking at a list of the safest or best 25 cars being made and we started talking about Honda's (she likes the Accords). I looked into the Ridgeline today to find what features are available and the cost and I have to say that I think I'm sold on this truck. I haven't test drove one yet, but I'm sure I will in the next few weeks to see how they drive. Any othe input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome you are about to make a great choice.
Only the Navi units have the LCD screen.
The Honda bed cover folds in 1/2. I don't know about how easy it is to take off.
I have the Retraxx cover and it doesn't come out that easyly but when it rolls up it takes up a lot less space.
BTW hopefully you'll consider the AMAZON GREEN color as it is the best.:D
Good Luck

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks like bonerep already answered your questions, so I'll just chime in and say this truck is amazing! You will love the way it drives -- and it's at the top of its class for safety. I'm a big Honda fan (this is my third one, which is nothing compared to some of the ROC members), and I gotta say, they really did a fantastic job with this truck. It rides like a luxury car, and yet has all the versatility of a mid-size truck.

Be sure to read other stuff on the ROC about recent pricing -- it sounds like they're selling for at or below invoice. Have fun shopping! :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
You have more patience than we did. Surely you have a dealer open this weekend and you can go in for a test drive. That will seal the deal. You won't believe how smooth and quiet this truck is. We were sold the day we drove it.

If you can possibly swing the NAV model, do it. It's awesome and it allows you to add the backup camera. I know that jacks the price up quite a bit, but we decided this was our biggest and best vehicle purchase and we were getting what we wanted.

Read the things on this forum. There's a checklist to take with you when you take delivery that helps to identify any flaws. We found none, but it sure helped build our confidence and it put our dealer on notice for our high expectations.

Ask any questions and use the search function. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips and you have access to all of us that have been driving this wonderful truck around for a while.

Consider BLUE. It's such a nice color. I hope you have a dealer with all the colors on the lot. We had to go out of town to see BLUE, but we fell in love with it. Frankly, this truck is a beauty in any hue. Funny that they let a few escape without the final paint cover though. (Inside joke that you'll catch onto right away.)

Swing by this thread and tell us more about yourself:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

Happy shopping.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
n_howell83 said:
Hello all, I just signed up for this forum (not an owner yet, but seriously considering) and I have a few questions that I could not seem to find answers to.

1. The LCD screen, does that come with all models? Or just the RTL with the navigation system? What is its purpose in other models if not used for the navigation system?
2. Second, the bed cover. Is it like the Avalanche cover, designed so it comes off or does it just (trying to think of the right wording) retract?

I was considering buying an Avalanche, but my fiance last night said she was looking at a list of the safest or best 25 cars being made and we started talking about Honda's (she likes the Accords). I looked into the Ridgeline today to find what features are available and the cost and I have to say that I think I'm sold on this truck. I haven't test drove one yet, but I'm sure I will in the next few weeks to see how they drive. Any othe input would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome on board. To better answer your question about the cover, goto this thread. Once you have read the few posts here, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, you will find similar threads on the covers.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921

·
Registered
138 Posts
We looked at (and test drove) the Avalanche as well. We decided against it because of the not-so-good safety ratings and bad fuel economy. My husband has always been a loyal GM/Chevy customer and went with the Ridgeline. When it comes to our safety, he felt there was no other choice.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi n_howell83, Take a test drive in the Chevy and then drive the Ridgeline back to back. Driving the live axle first over some speed bumps and then repeating this with the Ridgeline sold us.:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The utility difference between an Avalanche and a Ridgeline is pretty high. I think that a major part of your decision will stem around are you okay losing close to 4000lb towing capacity and the like. If you don't need it the Ridgeline is probably a great choice for you, but if you do, then it may not be. The Avalanche was pretty much tossed out by us because it wouldn't have fit in our driveway, the Ridgeline is already pushing us to the limit. And the added utility in the Avalanche due to just its size wasn't something we needed anyway.

L

·
0 Posts
Sorry...must have missed this when I was sick.
Welcome to the ROC and we can't wait til you get your Ridgeline and post pictures to share.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, n_howell83.
I'm sure when you test drive one, you will take it home. I did.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome! I hope you got your questions all answered. I just wanted to chime in on the discussion of the RTL w/ Nav. Definately go 4 the NAV. Hit the dealer & get a chance to play around with it & the voice commands. I agree with CAPTMIDDY about the towing capacity, we also own a Suburban incase the need arises to tow something large. So far, I found it much more convenient to haul my new ATV in the back of the Ridgeline instead of towing a trailer behind the Suburban. My .02 cents:p Happy shopping!

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Welcome n_Howell, Welcome to the ROC! you are going to love this truck when you finally get it! have you test drove it yet? I have rode my motorcycle to work twice since I bought my truck in July! Enjoy the ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts