Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure glad I found this site before buying. Last week I picked up an RTL with Nav/sunroof (MSRP $35,155) for $30,893 plus $105 for “document processing.” I think that works out to about $700 under invoice. Those are the generic figures. Here in NJ you also pay 6% sales tax, a $7.50 tire tax (true!) and a non-refundable 4 year registration ($356).

I am not a master negotiator by any means. I simple emailed all the dealers within 50 miles. More than a few came back at invoice but one gave me the no-haggle price above. Everything was done over the phone and via email.

By the way, the dealer that I test drove the RL at had one on the showroom floor listed with an ADM (additional dealer markup) of 4k. With the accessories they put on it (overpriced too) the final price was over 44k! They wanted MSRP but said they would “take care of me.” They never did give me a price…

I am very happy with the deal and even happier with the truck. I hope this information is helpful to others looking to buy.

L

·
0 Posts
BluRidge said:
Welcome to ROC. that deal is closenough! What color and opts did you get?
send pics when you can.
Welcome to the ROC family closenough. We're glad you're here. Enjoy the ride.

Hey Blu!!?? What color do YOU think he GOT!!?? Silver of course...right closenough?? :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry LadyRidge, but it's blue. I wanted the gray interior (I can't believe the back only comes with the brown interior!) Blue won.

Tow hitch/wiring, backup camera, and running boards are on order for a DIY project to complete the package. Of course I ordered them online and saved!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on the new RL and welcome to the group. You got a really good deal, about the same price I was offered (mine was $10 higher), but mine price was given 1 day after I signed on another ;).

·
Registered
176 Posts
closenough- Congrats on the great deal. I hope you will continue to enjoy the site and contribute info. Congrats again and welcome.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you got a great deal. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lease ad and mine

I did exactly the same and got mine from David Michael Honda in Freehold. They did have to locate it for me as they only had a blue in the RTL/ Moonroof/Navi and I wanted the green (I like the look of the blue outside but like the olive interior better- since I will look at the inside more then the outside, I decided green.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts