Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought my first Ridgeline today! 2006 RTL. Very excited, been looking to buy one for a while. As I'm new to this car, I would really appreciate any recommendation you might have. Car is in very good condition, maintenance done on time at Honda, timing belt replaced at 90k miles. Has 109k now.
I wanted to reset trip clock to see mpg but can't seem to do so. Couldn't figure out where is reset button. It seems all buttons on right on steering wheel don't respond. Aside from trip button question, was wondering what mpg should I expect? Also storage lid between seats lifts ok but after sliding it forward to position my right elbow on it, it doesn't want to slide back. It seems like it's locked. It moves about half inch up and down but doesn't go all the way back.
Thank you all for responses and suggestions.

· Registered
579 Posts
Hmmmmm. The trip reset button on the dash doesn't reset it ??? Hmmm.

As for the arm rest, it should slide right back. Maybe check the track it slides in ....not that I've ever done that. Had two of these Ridgelines and no issues with that so far. Knock on wood.

Regarding mileage. I have a lead foot. So I'm in the 15-17 range. Others do much better. I've seen folks post in the 20's. My guess would be in the 16-19 range, ish.

Good luck with your ridge! WElcome to the club. Hope you love her as much as we all do!

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, Enjoy the Ride!!!!

Like Embo, reset & select are on the right side, I'll have to check the FSM to see what fuse those may be on, is any other electronics out? What's the age of the battery, these things really dislike old, weak batteries.

As for the arm rest, see if it will pop up, light tug upwards, mine sticks some times when it's extended forward and weight is placed down on it. My dad has done it, it sort of "pops" down and my dog has stepped on it while forward, it only happened a few times and I've gotten used to keeping it fully back except on longer drives

My city MPG varies dependent on amount of idling done and how much lead is in my foot, between 13-15, I drive about 3.5 miles to/from work + around town and can take up to 3 weeks to use a tank of fuel. Freeway MPG is typically about 20, but I've seen 22, and usually drive between 70-80mph

· Registered
2,647 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

The major advice right now would be to replace the radiator. The original radiator has a fitting that could leak (due to internal corrosion), mixing coolant with transmission fluid and damaging the transmission.

Aftermarket brands could be better than the OEM one, but anything new would be worth having.

This thread looks at radiator choices, and links back to some choice earlier threads, in case you want gory technical details. http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123033

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Welcome Renimus.

There is no trip computer with mpg readout on the 2006-2008 RL. That came in 2009.

The RL is a truck, not a car. ;) (but you knew that).

There is an internal fuse box located near the drivers left foot. You might check fuses 7, 21 and 32.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. Been couple of weeks now, really enjoy it. LIttle disappointed with mpg, but not a big deal. Manage to make trip reset button work. Only little issue right now is defrost doesn't work. Tried all different settings, doesn't blow any air. Any suggestions before I take it to shop?

· Registered
4,166 Posts
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. Been couple of weeks now, really enjoy it. LIttle disappointed with mpg, but not a big deal. Manage to make trip reset button work. Only little issue right now is defrost doesn't work. Tried all different settings, doesn't blow any air. Any suggestions before I take it to shop?
You pushed MODE Button until full defroster icon came up in round display glass also pushed arrow up fan speed control button to increase fan speed.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.