Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice looking truck, you got lucky and wasn't stuck with a roof rack and running boards, now I really want to take mine off!
Hey I specially requested mine!

Really need the roof rack to carry kayaks. Wish the rails would fold back into the sides like the Tacoma’s and Outback’s, cause I’m not liking the wind noise (they can be removed but a bit of a pain to take on/off).

I went for the running boards somewhat impulsively. It does make it look more trucky. Not really necessary though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice looking truck, you got lucky and wasn't stuck with a roof rack and running boards, now I really want to take mine off!
Thank you CNC1. I found a lot of the Sport models were loaded up with the racks, running boards and especially the HPV package locally (Maryland) - I just wanted a nice "clean" truck design. I can add things anytime, but removing something I don't want or like is a lot harder. I'm back & forth on running boards / step rails, but I know the aftermarket will fill that need soon.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Weird how all-black has become so popular. I admit to falling prey myself...my Tacoma had a blacked-out package.

I am not a fan of chrome these days, but I don’t think the small amount of chrome on the RTL and RTL-E really detract from the overall look with so much black trim.

Interesting how trends in styling go. Not too long ago chrome-everything was the most exclusive look you could get. Then gold trim—remember that??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Weird how all-black has become so popular. I admit to falling prey myself...my Tacoma had a blacked-out package.

I am not a fan of chrome these days, but I don’t think the small amount of chrome on the RTL and RTL-E really detract from the overall look with so much black trim.

Interesting how trends in styling go. Not too long ago chrome-everything was the most exclusive look you could get. Then gold trim—remember that??
I'm actually not a fan of the completely "blacked-out look" - to me it's rather boring. I like some contrast, e.g. some bits of chrome trim, silver wheels, or such. So I may end up getting some silver wheels just for that reason. I am not a fan of the black with gold either - unfortunately that tends to remind me of the Trans Am in the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies (yeah, I'm showing my age here) and that black & gold thing was so "late '70's / early '80's". Which just goes to show it's true - any given style or look will always return again about 40 years (or two generations) later as the "latest big thing".

I'm not actually a fan of black vehicles in general, but sometimes a vehicle just looks so "right" in a certain color to me, and for the Ridgeline and my eye it was the black. Interestingly, my Ridgeline is the 20th vehicle I've owned (not counting 5 motorcycles) and I count 4 trucks among them - the '89 Mazda B2200 (black), the '96 Toyota T100 (black), an '04 Honda Pilot (black), and the '21 Ridgeline (black). Since two were bought used I guess it's just a weird coincidence that all the trucks I've bought have been black. Yet I never owned a single black CAR until I got my '19 VW Sportwagen. Oh, and three of 5 motorcycles were/are black, too. Apparently for me black is the "proper" color for a truck or a motorcycle?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm actually not a fan of the completely "blacked-out look" - to me it's rather boring. I like some contrast, e.g. some bits of chrome trim, silver wheels, or such. So I may end up getting some silver wheels just for that reason. I am not a fan of the black with gold either - unfortunately that tends to remind me of the Trans Am in the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies (yeah, I'm showing my age here) and that black & gold thing was so "late '70's / early '80's". Which just goes to show it's true - any given style or look will always return again about 40 years (or two generations) later as the "latest big thing".

I'm not actually a fan of black vehicles in general, but sometimes a vehicle just looks so "right" in a certain color to me, and for the Ridgeline and my eye it was the black. Interestingly, my Ridgeline is the 20th vehicle I've owned (not counting 5 motorcycles) and I count 4 trucks among them - the '89 Mazda B2200 (black), the '96 Toyota T100 (black), an '04 Honda Pilot (black), and the '21 Ridgeline (black). Since two were bought used I guess it's just a weird coincidence that all the trucks I've bought have been black. Yet I never owned a single black CAR until I got my '19 VW Sportwagen. Oh, and three of 5 motorcycles were/are black, too. Apparently for me black is the "proper" color for a truck or a motorcycle?
I feel the same about my white RL. I have never had a white car before (except a Fiat 500L which I gave to my son), but seeing this one in person it is just a beautiful paint which really pops with black accents.

I’ve had a couple of black cars. Nothing more elegant when they’re clean and polished.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I've only owned one white vehicle, generally I think "refrigerator" with white, but when they get it right (as they did on the Ridgeline), with the right amount of contrasting trim, then white looks great. As for black, at this time of year with the massive pollen count my black vehicles invariably are a greenish-yellow just a day after they are washed ... :-(

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've only owned one white vehicle, generally I think "refrigerator" with white, but when they get it right (as they did on the Ridgeline), with the right amount of contrasting trim, then white looks great. As for black, at this time of year with the massive pollen count my black vehicles invariably are a greenish-yellow just a day after they are washed ... :-(
In these parts we have the following seasons:

Snow
Snowmelt
Spring rains
Pollen
Summer heat
Fall leaves

Silver ALWAYS looks better around here for road grime and stuff.

We are in the spring rain season right now. The pearl white does not show water stains much from a distance at least, so so far so good. Not much pollen right now, but we have a river birch overlooking my car, and the stuff it drops on the vehicles--sap, pine-cone-like things, seed pods and flowers is challenging. I use my leaf blower on the truck on a daily basis to keep stuff off of it (fortunately the sap only runs very early in the spring).

I am not looking forward to next year's snow melts. Snowmelt gray--that's the color you should have. My Tacoma was Cement Gray, which was about as good a color as you could get to not show road grime.

As far as black, a metallic black doesn't show dust so much. Plain black is another story. But, that does give you an incentive to have an unlimited car wash subscription!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts